Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Weeknight matches in/near San Diego

I'll be in San Diego the week of Dec 14th through the 18th. I'm not going to bother trying to bring any guns with me (no 10 round mags), but I'd rather go watch a match than sit in the hotel room at night. Any weeknight matches in the area?

The lack of activity in San Diego, is enough to make a person sick....there are matches and a few ranges....look-up Linea De Fuego or Pala practical shooters....but if you make it here and have email, give me a holler.....there is a nice indoor range in town that I am a member at....they have tons of pistols that I am allowed to "borrow" (just as long as your buy their reloads)....love to shoot with you a bit...in fact I am headed there tomorrow...

www.gotammo.com

I appreciate it, but I'm still not quite mobile enough to shoot a match (unless there's very little movement). I might have to come out and watch, video, make rude comments...though. :)

I just looked...appears to be an hour or so north of San Diego. I'll have to see what time I get out of work down here.

Cool! Tomorrow as in Thursday? I'm not too far from there (maybe 15 minutes).

What time?

dang didn't see your post in time....range closes at 7pm....5:30pm now....we wouldn't make it....wish I would have known about the match at ironsights sooner...oh well, next time....

Mike,

Great meeting you last night, thanks for helping out with the tapeing and resetting of stages for an indoor match we draw a large crowd and every bit of help counts. Next time just give me a call and I will get or try to get whatever you need so you can shoot.

It looks like I'll be back in SD the week of 1/11 - 1/15.

What kind of match will there be that week on Thursday? Jason, you going to do that one?

Theo, I appreciate the info about bringing hi-cap mags to CA if for a match. Would there be a problem if I was to bring a second gun (with mags) for a coworker there in CA to shoot Thursday?

I am psyched! I've only shot once since August when I busted up my leg.

Edrick, I looked for you. I even grabbed the clipboard for a while so I could look through names but I never saw yours. Or did I talk to you and forget? I am terrible with names..just ask my wife whats-her-name.

Ari, you going to make it up there on the 14th? Want to hit the range one night before that to practice?

Edited by High Lord Gomer

It looks like I'll be back in SD the week of 1/11 - 1/15.

What kind of match will there be that week on Thursday? Jason, you going to do that one?

Theo, I appreciate the info about bringing hi-cap mags to CA if for a match. Would there be a problem if I was to bring a second gun (with mags) for a coworker there in CA to shoot Thursday?

I am psyched! I've only shot once since August when I busted up my leg.

Edrick, I looked for you. I even grabbed the clipboard for a while so I could look through names but I never saw yours. Or did I talk to you and forget? I am terrible with names..just ask my wife whats-her-name.

Ari, you going to make it up there on the 14th? Want to hit the range one night before that to practice?

Mike,

It was a big group, remember we where split on two clipboards? We may have spoken with each other and not know it... hahaha My buddy Brian and I came down. I shot with a Limited Glock 35 . We have some vids, i'll post them up..

We'll see you again. Perhaps we'll meet before or after the match. Brian and I ate at the Historic Cafe 101 on PCH. Cool Place.

Ed

pretty good chance I will be there here is a link to the local happenings:

http://oceansidepistol.com/calendar/month....10&month=01

looks like the week of 11-15 thursday nite is man vs man we set up mirror image COF w/4 paper targets, 4 steel targets/poppers and a set of "stop plates" there is no timer, I believe the scoring is as follows:

2 on each paper worth 5 pts ea. and ea steel is worth 5 pts, and if you are first to hit the stop plate you are awarded an extra 5 pts. the first go around is kinda loose pick who you want to shoot against, after that is tried to be matched up w/like shooting abilities based on score etc. it's not IDPA, or IPSC, but it's a lot of fun w/usually a large turnout-rd count is probably a little over 50? we try for four stages-more info on rules scoring can be found at the OPPC site-we also have our own Forum that is worth checking out-

• 3 weeks later...

I'm baaaaacckkk!!

After wading through lots of stuff on calguns.net, it appears that me bringing hi-cap mags to CA would have been a bad idea. So...I'm here with an M&P and no mags! I plan to shop around, find a few mags, and make it up there Thursday night. If y'all are going out to eat afterwards, sign me up. I do have to warn you that I am a GM when it comes to eating, though. :)

Ari...want to hit the range some night beforehand? Is this the one you mentioned before: http://www.gotammo.com/

Mike

Make sure all the steel goes down for the 'One vs One' Match. If you leave one piece of steel up, you only get credit for paper hits. It has taken me many years to figure out a scoring system for the match. And I'll gauranty you, I'll leave steel up. Happens every time. The rules are posted on the OPPC Forum.

chuck