Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2010 Pro-Am Championship

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

WHEW! Back home for a couple of days.

Looks like www.proamshooting.com is finished, up, and running. Most questions can probably be answered there. If not, don't hesitate to contact me personally. I'm finishing up the current squad lists and registrations today, and will send them to the webmaster for posting. I've only got about 40 paid entries right now...not a great sign. Hopefully everyone is waiting till the spring!

See you on the range!

Phil Strader

Match Director - 2010 Pro-Am

2010proam@cox.net me

www.proamshooting.com

Edited by gmshtr

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well, the snow is starting to melt...AGAIN! I sent the updated squads to the webmaster. I've also attached them here.

Sunday only has one full open squad left, but I've been told that two 5-shooter squad requests are on their way for Sunday AM. One more thing. I will ensure to keep all shooters who request to shoot with each other together, as long as it's not a large group putting in last minute for an already nearly full day. HOWEVER, I may need to make changes towards the end of registration to keep the squads similarly sized. So, unless you already have an arranged squad of 8-10 shooter-buddies, don't get too comfortable with your squad number. You may be starting on a different stage come nearer to July...but you'll still shoot with who you requested.

Sunday PM will only have one Professional squad, so there will definitely be plenty of room for shooting Open on Sunday. FYI, the professionals in Red are only verbally committed thus far.

Hope you can make it in July!

2010 Squad List FRI AM.pdf

2010 Squad List FRI PM.pdf

2010 Squad List SAT AM.pdf

2010 Squad List SAT PM.pdf

2010 Squad List SUN AM.pdf

2010 Squad List SUN PM.pdf

Edited by gmshtr

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update. Sunday AM had a couple of cancellations, so there are still nine slots left. With the number of people who are asking me about Sunday's Limited slots, I'm surprised they've lasted this long!

I just picked up another Target sponsor, so expect some larger round counts on the stages! Remember, they are subject to change...but not much.

Phil

www.proamshooting.com

SUNDAY AM IS FULL! There's still plenty of room on Saturday to shoot Iron Sights, and Sunday PM is still available in Open division. I will start a waiting list for Sunday morning if this is the only option.

Phil Strader

Edited by gmshtr

• 4 weeks later...

This will be the only major match this year, for the wife and I. After watching it on S,USA We had to try it. How can you not love all of that steel.Match App is in the mail.

Not sure where else to put this question, But those who have shot this match before how many mags/pouches should one have for this type of format. I notice a 10 rnd limit, so I am thinking at least 6, any ideas?

Not sure where else to put this question, But those who have shot this match before how many mags/pouches should one have for this type of format. I notice a 10 rnd limit, so I am thinking at least 6, any ideas?

IMO six is plenty. Five on the belt and one in the gun :sight:

I would be really excited to get to the 6th mag! I sent my registration in. Looking forward to it.

I would be really excited to get to the 6th mag! I sent my registration in. Looking forward to it.

I don't think I made it to the 4th pouch last year. That would have been 50 rounds. It never hurts and I'll be wearing 6 pouches.

I don't think I made it to the 4th pouch last year. That would have been 50 rounds. It never hurts and I'll be wearing 6 pouches.

I only shot with 5 total last year and yeah I never got to that last mag

Well, things are progressing nicely, and I'm VERY surprised to say that it looks like Saturday AM will be filling up, too!! There are only 17 slots left as of today, but I know that 5 applications are in the mail for Saturday's Limited match.

What's REALLY shocking is that 70 competitors from last year haven't even signed up for 2010 yet! That's right....70!!

At this rate, Friday AM may be filling up!

I'm submitting the updated squad lists to www.proamshooting.com today. Please visit the site to see what it's all about.

Phil Strader

www.straightersolutions.com

• 3 weeks later...

SAT and SUN Limited matches ARE FULL! Any match applications with those requested dates for Limited will be squadded on Friday AM, and put on the waiting list for your requested day.

Friday will be the same format, except your Range Officers and Staff will be shooting with you the entire match...sorta like a club match. Please help them out as much as possible, because if Friday AM fills...which it probably will...they will be spread out kinda thin.

Again, SAT and SUN Limited (AM) squads are completely FULL.

Thanks to everyone for making this match such a success!

Phil Strader

Match Director

www.proamshooting.com

Edited by gmshtr

Good to hear Phil! Looks like it will be the best Pro-Am yet!

Oh, and if someone really wanted to shoot on Sunday they could always pay up and shoot with the Pros!! - right? :goof:

Edited by ninefan

My wife and I will be shooting this match looks like a great time! We are flying from Virginia to come shoot it! Anyone have recommendations on how much ammo to bring? Would 400 rounds each be sufficient?

EDIT: Nevermind on my question! Just got an email from Mr Strader looks like this will be plenty of ammo!

Pretty durn excited here

Edited by VirginiaTactical