Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My Youngest's First Steel Match

nbright

This weekend was my youngest son's 8th birthday and one of the things I promised him was that when he was 8 he could start shooting steel matches. Well the day was a huge success, despite being a chilly day here in the Pacific Northwest, my boys and I headed to the range for the first time together. It was just sweet. Justin shot very safe and accurately, his confidence built as the day went on, he did very well and I'm and extremely proud father today. He did so well and had so much fun that one of his older sisters (13) said she'd like to give it a try too! Hopefully I'll post again when she joins us... Attached is a picture of the new shooter and the results too!

post-2803-1260256670_thumb.jpg

post-2803-1260256683_thumb.jpg

This weekend was my youngest son's 8th birthday and one of the things I promised him was that when he was 8 he could start shooting steel matches. Well the day was a huge success, despite being a chilly day here in the Pacific Northwest, my boys and I headed to the range for the first time together. It was just sweet. Justin shot very safe and accurately, his confidence built as the day went on, he did very well and I'm and extremely proud father today. He did so well and had so much fun that one of his older sisters (13) said she'd like to give it a try too! Hopefully I'll post again when she joins us... Attached is a picture of the new shooter and the results too!

What optic and mount is on that Ruger?

Edited by jkatz44

Hello: Looks like you may get the whole family shooting. That's great :cheers: I started my older boy when he was 7 with a Buckmark. He is now 11, but his brother is 7 now so he will start soon. Shooting steel is fun and safe for everyone to start shooting. Have fun shooting with your family and have fun at the range. Thanks, Eric

What optic and mount is on that Ruger?

The mount is an Allchin .22 Ruger C-More and the optic is a C-More, originally a Serendipity but modified to be a Slide Ride. The barrel is a Tactical Solutions Pac Lite and the internals are Volquartzen.

I'm thinking about building another one of these, for the kids of course...