Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2010 Single Stack Nationals

My 2 cents...I like the two day format. More time to spend with friends I don't get to see often.

-Bill

So the ticket now will be to shoot one day and hang out/watch/visit one day. My strategy will be to shoot day one and then buy drinks at the bar for all teh guys shooting day 2!

Oh reeeeeeaaaaaallllllyyyy!

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My 2 cents...I like the two day format. More time to spend with friends I don't get to see often.

-Bill

So the ticket now will be to shoot one day and hang out/watch/visit one day. My strategy will be to shoot day one and then buy drinks at the bar for all teh guys shooting day 2!

:roflol::roflol:

:lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Someone told me that the prizes for this match are not given in order of finish, but rather some formula according to what gun they use. Any information on that?

Class winners and the top 10, maybe, that are shooting Springfield get guns. The top 10 shooting Springfields get custom guns donated by Springfield and worked on by folks like Richard Dettlhouser (sp) and Heinie (SP)

So the guys shooting Springfields got guns before the 2-10 place finishers?

2-10 didn't get a gun unless they won their class or where shooting a Springfield to my knowledge. They had about 20 guns all donated from Springfield there. The entire match was sponsored mainly by Springfield from what I saw. If Springfield wants to donate their guns and say that ~10 of them go to the people using their equipment and half of them where put together by the best smiths in the business and the other 5 where tuned by they custom shop I'm fine with that. The guns where the only thing on the prize table. The only thing else anybody got where the goodies you got for signing up and that was probably close to 75$ worth of stuff. I'm fine with the way they did it. It was very professional and it rewarded those that won their class. The top Springfield finishers where in the top 15 I think anyway.

I'm not 100% sure about this, but the way it's been done in the past is that the match winner got the first pick of the guns on the table (usually 5 of which are custom firearms...one of which is a Heine pistol). Then the top 4 or 5 shooters competing with a Springfield are next to the table. Then it's the top 4 or 5, then class winners, then Top Lady, then Top Senior.

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure it's sort of done that way. Usually, the registration door prize is pretty nice, like an engraved Surefire light, Kershaw knife, etc. This year was the exception. With the popularity of the match growing, it's possible that things may get better.

Already looking forward to next year's battle with Rob...again!

Phil

I'm not 100% sure about this, but the way it's been done in the past is that the match winner got the first pick of the guns on the table (usually 5 of which are custom firearms...one of which is a Heine pistol). Then the top 4 or 5 shooters competing with a Springfield are next to the table. Then it's the top 4 or 5, then class winners, then Top Lady, then Top Senior.

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure it's sort of done that way. Usually, the registration door prize is pretty nice, like an engraved Surefire light, Kershaw knife, etc. This year was the exception. With the popularity of the match growing, it's possible that things may get better.

Already looking forward to next year's battle with Rob...again!

Phil

Try not to hurt yourself this time roflol.gif