Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CTS .40

ejevans45

I have been shooting my Shadow for a little while now and was thinking about limited just for a change of pace. I see that Angus has their CTS in 9mm listed on their website and was wondering if anyone has shot one in .40? I know that it is based on the Tac Sport model. I love the feel and grip of the CZ and want to keep things as close as possible. Income tax return will be coming in a few months and I need to spend it before the wife does. :rolleyes:

I'm looking for any input.

FYI - The grip of the TS is substantially different than the 75 series guns. It is a fair bit deeper and a bit wider. If you like the CZ because you have smaller hands, then you should try to get your hands on a TS before you buy one.

Edited by ManNamedJed

FYI - The grip of the TS is substantially different than the 75 series guns. It is a fair bit deeper and a bit wider. If you like the CZ because you have smaller hands, then you should try to get your hands on a TS before you buy one.
Neither of these are mine, but this is an option I've considered if I ever move to Limited. I've held the CTS and in my smaller hands it feels very comfortable. Before I'd commit I would have to try an S_I with their smallest grip.

The CTS grip is much smaller than the stock TS, but still a little larger than the small framed guns.

post-18709-1259888091_thumb.jpg

Here's a comparison photo where the CTS grips have been counter sunk even further into the frame.

post-18709-1259887919_thumb.jpg

85 Combat on the Left -- CTS on the Right

I shoot a Angusized Tac Sport in limited when I feel the need to struggle with iron sights. The gun is very accurate, and is reliable as a slab of granite. Also about as heavy. Now I also was in Angus's shop fondling a couple of CTS's that he has. This is a much lighter, more refined gun. The grip on the CTS is noticeably smaller than on the TS. The stippling has been removed front and back but I did that on mine as well and the CTS feels even smaller. It is a GREAT grip. The gun balances much different than a stock TS. Much less nose heavy. Angus is building these now with a flat trigger that feels quite good. I have not shot one so can't comment on how it shoots. Plus in its Solomon like wisdom over the 5" vs 6" debate it is a 5 1/2" gun. Mag capacity is 20 plus 1 in .40. You can also swap slides and shoot 9mm as both work on the TS frame.

edited to add that Angus has some photos of a 9mm up on his site at ghostholster.com

Edited by Neomet

Thanks for all the help. I haven't held a CZ TS but did get a chance to play with the EAA Elite Limited. The EAA grip fit my medium-large hands fine but you are right it is bigger than the shadow grip. I decided to stick with the CZ over EAA because of customer service and all. I figure if I'm jumping into a new world I might as well do it at the beginning instead of slowly upgrading my pistol so the CTS seems the way to go.

I myself am very happy with my tuned TS from CZCustom. I'm hestitant to drop the coin on a full CTS for myself at the moment due to the differences in balance/handling, which I can't feel from over the internet or across the country. ;)

Just received my CTS a few weeks ago. Due to a busy holiday schedule I've yet to truly get a feel for this fine 9mm. In comparison to my SP-01 it's night and day and truly a different animal in all regards to quality, handling, grip feel, slide fit and trigger. My first impression after 1 trip to the range is very positive. Can't wait to shoot it a lot more.