Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Won a S&W M&P at the Area 2 match

38supPat

Not sure how long it will take to get it shipped to Canada, but looking forward to giving it a try. The prize was a certificate and I get to pick the M&P, thinking of the Pro model for production division.

I'm at 2 months in the same US state as S&W. How do you generally get guns across the border? My certificate didn't mention anything about shipping outside the US.

Not sure how long it will take to get it shipped to Canada, but looking forward to giving it a try. The prize was a certificate and I get to pick the M&P, thinking of the Pro model for production division.

I'm at 2 months in the same US state as S&W. How do you generally get guns across the border? My certificate didn't mention anything about shipping outside the US.

I'll give them a shout tomorrow, but shouldn't be an issue, lots of dealers up here carrying the M&P, so just a matter of arranging the export

Congrats....I think you'd really enjoy shooting the Pro. The more I shoot mine, the more I like it and it indexes just like a 1911/2011 does (for me). I put a narrower front sight on it, one of the Accurate Iron sandpaperish inserts and Compact basepads on the mags (really big improvement there). I'd go shoot a major with it right now and not worry. R,

Hey Pat...I'm sure you're aware the Pro model is only approved for USPSA Production NOT IPSC as the DA trigger does not meet the 5lb minimum...so you would only be able to shoot it in the States for Production div......If you get the 9L however you can shoot both IPSC and USPSA...with a change in sights to the 9L and a bit of setting up with the trigger it can be just about the same as a Pro and you can shoot in both Canada and the US with it

Edited by race1911

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Pat, was this certificate specifically for the M&P or was it for the Sigma with an optional upgrade?

I picked up a cert at the L10 Nationals. It was for a Sigma (no charge), but for an additional $250+ upgrade fee I could get an M&P Pro. Just curious because I'm not sure if I want to pay an upgrade fee or get the Sigma.

BTW, great squadding with you at Area 2.

Gary

Hi Pat, was this certificate specifically for the M&P or was it for the Sigma with an optional upgrade?

I picked up a cert at the L10 Nationals. It was for a Sigma (no charge), but for an additional $250+ upgrade fee I could get an M&P Pro. Just curious because I'm not sure if I want to pay an upgrade fee or get the Sigma.

BTW, great squadding with you at Area 2.

Gary

I heard terrible things about the sigma from two people who work at a gun range I frequent. One is a USPSA master and sarcastically said it ruled. I've heard nothing but rave reviews from owners of M&P's and gun shops. I also saw a video of the construction of the m&p and I am very impressed. It appears to be one of the best new pieces of plastic and I think I will get one as soon as I can afford it. I would easily pay the $250 if you also shoot prodution. If you don't the decision is harder.