Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My Range

Merlin Orr

Deep in the woods about 6 miles East of Fairfield TX.... My wife "requested" it be a ways from the house so I get to walk about a quarter mile ever time I practice. ;)

MerlinsRange.jpg

Many thanks to SiG lady for making it happen. :wub:

Whatta beautiful place!! (really nice photo, too!) I should be half so lucky to have a place like this. --SL

Very Nice! You can practice what you want when you want. What I would give!

While I am ExTreMly jealous i am very happy for you. I hope you realize how blessed you are. Those of us who live near cities don't have it so easy.

How often do you get to practice and what class do you shoot.

Shred & Tightloop - Any and all are ALWAYS welcome if you are in the area...

Arvid - Come on to Texas & visit - or Live Here - "Its a Whole Nother Country" I have a little cabin on my place just for your visit!

QuickDraw - I have not changed since high school - its still 3 C's and a D :rolleyes: .

I just got it (semi)finished this May - just in time to go out on assignment for 6 months. I just got back home this last Friday night. I intend to really utilize it about daily - we'll see.. I hope to get in some quality practice and advance my skill level and classifications. Now I just have to build some props and get some more steel.

• 2 weeks later...

Mike

Nice varitiy of shapes and sizes. I think I will copy your target stands - never even thought about building me some wood ones. Do the posts nail in or slid into a slot/hole? Are the white targets on posts steel? Looks like you have the room to get in some 50+ yrd shots also. Great to live in the woods, huh.... :D

Merlin

Yea, great to live in the woods, shooter or not. I got the plans for the target stands on the web (Jeff Mass maybe) they are just 2 - 18" and 2 32" 2x4's (or 6's) and they take 1x2 slats. I added one piece not on the plans, just a little piece of 1x2 to keep the tall 1x2 from leaning over.

The steel have a U shaped piece of 3/4" rebar welded so they are removable from the steel stands. Almost everything was salvaged from one place or another.

There is basically everything here for the steel challenge, sportsman team challange, and a variety of uspsa type matches.

Mike