Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

GA State Classifiers

It seems that the match scores and the classifiers posting are two separate entities. Apparently the classifiers have to be paid for per shooter before they post. I was explained the difference yesterday.

It seems that for a level II match to count as a classifier the original match paperwork had to choose that option.

It seems that the match scores and the classifiers posting are two separate entities. Apparently the classifiers have to be paid for per shooter before they post. I was explained the difference yesterday.

It seems that for a level II match to count as a classifier the original match paperwork had to choose that option.

The system shows them as "Paid", but just a little late for this month's calculation.

My apologies to all who were looking forward to that class bump from the GA state match. Indeed the classification upload is separate from the match upload and I was late in getting the classifier uploaded.

As for the match itself counting...my understanding is that it is based on the number of GMs shooting the match. I will do a little research and post my findings.

It was a great match. We're all glad we went --- 1200 miles round trip, 2 big fat meals in Alpharetta, a lot of laughs and some great stages....

But I want that classifier to make B open!!

If I neglected to say it before, I appreciate all the hard work. Having done the VA- MD Section and Area 8 this year, I know how much blood goes into it.

S.

...As for the match itself counting...my understanding is that it is based on the number of GMs shooting the match. I will do a little research and post my findings.

There were 4 GM's in Open and 5 in Limited (you need 3), so the match could count as a classifier for folks in those divisions (by my understanding). Limited-10 and Production didn't field enough GM's for that.

I have reviewed the rulebook as well as the match information. There is not a place, when creating a match, to denote it as a classifier, which makes sense (it would be to subjective that way). From the rulebook: "Your performance in larger matches and tournaments may also be used to help establish classification. Placement in a major event with a score above your assigned class percentage may result in your being promoted to a higher class, even if your current average is lower. Winning first or second in class at an Area Championship or Major Tournament AND shooting into the next higher class may result in promotion (except to Grand Master); winning High Overall in an Area Championship may promote you to Grand Master class. In addition, if you score 95% or higher at a USPSA national championship, you will be immediately moved to Grand Master class for that division."

Off the cuff I believe that you must have a minimum of 3GMs in a division shoot the match (and they must shoot at the GM level) for the match score to count as a classifier. I have a query into Sedro and will post the answer once I have it.

Thanks!

Mark

Thanks for the clarification Bill!

There you have it folks, if you shot Limited or Open this match may count as a classifier, if you shot any other division you are either safe or out of luck depending on your objective.... ;)

Interesting. I was advised that there's choice on the application to make the match count but now that I've seen the application, I don't see it.

http://www.uspsa.org/public_data/forms/Cla...Application.pdf

Thanks for looking into this, Mark!!! I really appreciate it. If nothing else, its educational.

Edited by Seth

Off the cuff I believe that you must have a minimum of 3GMs in a division shoot the match (and they must shoot at the GM level) for the match score to count as a classifier. I have a query into Sedro and will post the answer once I have it.

Thanks!

Mark

In Limited, only Manny shot at the GM level, the other's were in the 80% range? In Open, there were only 2 at the GM level?

• 5 weeks later...