Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Some video of the Noveske Shooting Team

cold

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for posting the videos! Can you tell us what glass the shooters were using on their rifles? looked like one was maybe a short dot or swarovski Z6 - i couldn't tell (just curious - i'm looking to move from an eotech to a magnified optic, keen to see what others are using for that). Thanks, jared

Yes.....all of us run the Swarovski Z6i in 1-6x. Rob runs the EE version.

Its a fantastic optic.

thanks for your reply, confirms this won't be an inexpensive move but I'll probably regret it buying cheaper and then complaining about the compromise until i trade up at a loss...

oobullitt - noticed that none of you are are using a sling on your rifle when shooting a stage (or at least I did not see slings mounted on any of the rifles in the videos you posted). maybe a noob question (i do not shoot 3 gun or compete in any carbine shoots) but would like to understand why? not questioning decisions - doesn't look like any of you need advice from me, so if you've determined that a sling is not helpful for competition just wondering what the drawbacks were that have prompted you to discard it. I have always trained/practiced with a 2 point sling, so looking to better understand where that may be a hinderance for competition.

my guess? i'm thinking (for me) a sling is helpful when i want to take the time to sling up and try and get better more stable shooting platform. perhaps for you the trade off is not worthwhile since you're accurate enough to meet your needs without slinging up? I noticed that the shooter at the beginning of the fort benning video (maybe rob romero or jansen jones) was shooting prone unslung and getting hits on what looked like 300-500 yards?

thanks in advance for any thoughts you can offer - jared

In this and most 3 gun matches.....long guns are staged or dumped and a sling becomes a hindrance. I do on occasion sling up if alot of offhand shooting is necessary. Then I will sling up and use the sling as a shooting aide. And some matches do require slings for weapon transitions. It just depends.

Nothing says you can't use one.

In this and most 3 gun matches.....long guns are staged or dumped and a sling becomes a hindrance. I do on occasion sling up if alot of offhand shooting is necessary. Then I will sling up and use the sling as a shooting aide. And some matches do require slings for weapon transitions. It just depends.

Nothing says you can't use one.

understand, thank you for your reply

-jared

The shooter at the start (shooting in the sand) was shooting at an approx distance of 125-150 yards (gustimate). the targets were 4 MOA and 8MOA plates (I believe), all I know is one was very time and the other was not exactly "large" either.

• 4 weeks later...

Rob Romero and I have wanted to make a "how to" perform a weak hand reload video.

Yesterday we took the afternoon and filmed various segments describing "how" to perform a weak hand reload on both a semi auto and pump shotgun. Its not

"the" way, its just one way.

Also included in the video is tips for shooting the Texas Star with a shotgun (both Standard and Upside down versions), weak hand reloading with lateral movement (left to right and right to left), forward movement with the weak hand reload and some malfunction clearing.

There is "barrels eye view" video from the barrel cam as well.

The video is filmed in 1080p HD Video, so give it time to load for best results.

We hope this helps answer any lingering questions related to the weak hand reload.

Link to Youtube Video

Edited by cold

Cold's(Jansen) shotgun is an FN SLP MkI with 22" barrel.welded lifter and milled out load port

Mr50Mag's(Rob) shotgun is a Benelli M1S90 21" vent rib barrel,10/22 sight,lightened bolt,welded lifter and milled out load port.

Both guns have been completely stippled by Rob.