Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ss Mag Won't Fall

oddjob

I have three Wilson SS 10 rd nags that won't fall completely out. They get about a quarter the way out and stop. Anyway I was going to start "gently" tapping the sides of the mags with a plastic hammer. Is this the correct method or will I be sending said mags to the great parts cemetary?

Measue the dimensions of a your good mags with calipers. Measure the bad mag and find the wide spot. Squeeze the mag back in to tolerence with a vise. Go slow. It may take several attempts as the steel may want to spring back. Don't over squeze or it will end up in the parts cemetary.

FIXED!!! Here's what I did (In-Laws were over for T-Day):

1) Take mags apart.

2) Take .45 apart (to look at the frame area near the thumb release area).

3) Get first aid because I lacerated my thumb WIDE open on the ejector. Almost ER time. Slow bleeding down.

4) Checked the mag tubes without spring and follower and they slid in & out just fine.

5) As soon as the follower and spring were assembled problem resumed.

6) It was the feed lips. They would spread just slightly when the mag was assembled from the spring pressure.

7) Gentle tap on the lips cured the problem. Now I gotta test fire the mags.

8) Resume #3 because it started bleeding again.

9) I had ALL the in-laws & relatives over today so it was a good time to work on gun stuff in the garage even if I tore my left thumb wide open.

10) Had a drink...........