Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2010 FNH Midwest 3 Gun match dates! (CHANGE)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too bad. I rather liked shooting this one and the Iron Man back to back. Easier to take time off in one chunk and drive up, over, and back in one long loop...now I guess I will just go to the Iron Man :(

Alex

We have been one of the cheapest "Big" matches for the last 4 years. We need to make improvements to the range and equipment and if you compare our match fee to others you will find we are still less expensive than most. And yes we will "fix" the steel plates for you whiners who can't get good hits with your shotgun!

One quote from last year "I was trying to get a double but one of the plates turned sideways and I could'nt knock it over. That's not fair! I should get a re-shoot!"

Ken

UHHH...just curious about the $50 entry fee increase???

Better steel???

Nick

Edited by FNMAN

We are also going to allow the Five-seveN pistol as a minimum caliber. I hate to say it but LaRue beat us to it last year. Great idea, bravo for them.

We have just noticed that we had posted the wrong dates for our match, we have moved the match back one week. May 21-23th, 2010

For more information please visit http://www.midwest3gun.com/

Entry forms are posted on the site.

Hope to see you there,

Steve

Actually...and I watched this happen...one of the best shotgun shooters I know (but I won't tell him that) hit the second plate with a wad while center-punching the first plate. Turned the second plate sideways...had to take the miss due to failure of range equipment <_<

Otherwise, it was a hell of a match :)

Alex

We have been one of the cheapest "Big" matches for the last 4 years. We need to make improvements to the range and equipment and if you compare our match fee to others you will find we are still less expensive than most. And yes we will "fix" the steel plates for you whiners who can't get good hits with your shotgun!

One quote from last year "I was trying to get a double but one of the plates turned sideways and I could'nt knock it over. That's not fair! I should get a re-shoot!"

Ken

After the first stage(stage 2 I think), I knew there was no chance at getting doubles on the shotgun steel :blink:

Unless you mean having to shoot the same steel twice or more for them to go over :surprise:

The other problem was with the rifle steel not flashing/going down by anyone using lighter bullets in 223.

Not much can be done about that though with the 308s beating the hell outta them :P

I'm sure I'm not the only one who will be using heavier shotshells and rifle bullets this year.

So maybe I'll only be whining about my bad shooting skills :wacko: .

Nick

Just my input on the match fees. With the increased match fees the prizes table should be made where you can see what you are getting. As in my case I finishes two places out of a gun and pulled a bag worth about $50 and a shooter that finished in the thirties and another that finished in the fifties got a bag worth well over $500. To travel all the way from the east coast and pay the increased fees you should be able to choose your prize for the place you finished.

Hate to bring this up again but just want to give my 2 cents worth

MS

What is the best airport for those of us flying?

St. Louis or Kansas City depending on your airline of choice for a cheaper flight, and you'll have to rent a car. You can fly into Columbia but you still have to rent a car and the airline ticket last year cost quite a bit more. I would reccomend choosing a hotel in Columbia around the interstate exit 124 and State HWY E. There is Holiday Inn Select,Days Inn,Wal-Mart, etc...

Chris, I will end up flying out for the match as well,so when it gets closer to time give me a shout and we can coordinate arrival times and departure and split the cost of a rental or other vehicle if you bring anybody with you.

Edited by ap3

Will the 5.7 pistol knock over Poppers? Will it knock down plates without cratering them? Looks like pistol will be all paper this year, Tried one on a star once and it didn't want to knock them off. Oh well good thing they hold like 30 rounds with the extension as your going to need them :roflol:

Had no problem with a 5.7 knocking the plates off a real Texas Star...MGM holds the plates a bit harder so edge hits were not as forgiving. Of course the copycat garbage stars from the less competent makers are always a problem no matter what you shoot them with...go Ashton or MGM, or else just save your money :roflol:

The 5.7 was good on full sized MGM poppers, too...but those little bullets just fragmented to dust :)

Alex

When will the "new" rules be updated? I'd like to see how different this years match will be from the DPMS match before I sign up.

Yes registation is open at http://www.midwest3gun.com

Last year the match did not fill up until the last week, before the match.

Rules will be posted before the match, I will update here when they are posted.

Steve

Kurt,

We have tried them on the small knock down plates and they work great. The bullet is not going fast enough to crater. We will not be using any large poppers for pistol and we will ck the R&R shooting star for compliance.

Will the 5.7 pistol knock over Poppers? Will it knock down plates without cratering them? Looks like pistol will be all paper this year, Tried one on a star once and it didn't want to knock them off. Oh well good thing they hold like 30 rounds with the extension as your going to need them :roflol:

That is a very good point. Thanks for the suggestion and we will try to accomodate.

Ken

Just my input on the match fees. With the increased match fees the prizes table should be made where you can see what you are getting. As in my case I finishes two places out of a gun and pulled a bag worth about $50 and a shooter that finished in the thirties and another that finished in the fifties got a bag worth well over $500. To travel all the way from the east coast and pay the increased fees you should be able to choose your prize for the place you finished.

Hate to bring this up again but just want to give my 2 cents worth

MS