Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ 75B Longslide

Sean Gaines

I figured I share this with you cz enthusiast. This is a picture of a cz75 slide that was a prototype that never got to the final finishing stages by Claudio Salassa of Briley in 1987. He built this in South Africa were he competed and was a master class shooter. The frame is at his house. These guns and the tangfolios were used by serious competitors back in the day, before para and sti came into the scene. This gun was originally in 9mm, and later turned to .38 super. But this shows how the pistols have evolved. this setup is 22yrs old. The cz didn't come to the states until the mid 90's a few years after the fall of the berlin wall. I just thought this pic would be interesting to you cz shooters. The gun has a long dust cover and is a longslide and the barrel and comp is removed from the front. Claudio has been playing with these guns for over 20years, and knows them in and out. As far as I know Briley and firedragon are the only companies to carry cz75 aftermarket barrels.

Remember he didn't' do the final finishing on the gun so its rough and 22yrs old

post-6635-1256773830_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sean Gaines

very nice piece of work...

thanks for sharing that.

extending the slide is nicely done..that would clean up beautifully.

gettting the assembly to come out the front is pretty cool and something the Tanfoglios didn't do.

I had a Springfield P9 done and can remember my gunsmith cursing me for the number of bits he went through cutting the slide.

Man, that's awesome. Thanks for sharing that!

Wouldn't want to snap a pick of the front of the slide would you (with the comp removed). Seems as though a open CZ could still be made the same way.....

Too bad CZ doesn't make a 5in stainless 75SA...that would rock for IDPA shooting (though my SP-01 is awesome,too)

Man, that's awesome. Thanks for sharing that!

Wouldn't want to snap a pick of the front of the slide would you (with the comp removed). Seems as though a open CZ could still be made the same way.....

Yeah, I wish the '75SA would become the standard frame and slide for ALL the '75B variants. It's head over tails better IMO.

Anyone know the status/wherabouts of Claudio? Know if Briley is still making CZ stuff (I have never heard there name mentioned before, hence the inquiries)?

Yeah, I wish the '75SA would become the standard frame and slide for ALL the '75B variants. It's head over tails better IMO.

Anyone know the status/wherabouts of Claudio? Know if Briley is still making CZ stuff (I have never heard there name mentioned before, hence the inquiries)?

all they have right now is cz75 barrels, they start in 6" and go down from there to your standard legnth, They are gunsmith fitted barrels also, not drop in, claudio can do it if you need the work done. he is at briley.com or you can email him at claudio@briley.com, tell him I sent ya

later

all they have right now is cz75 barrels, they start in 6" and go down from there to your standard legnth, They are gunsmith fitted barrels also, not drop in, claudio can do it if you need the work done. he is at briley.com or you can email him at claudio@briley.com, tell him I sent ya

later

Interesting..... I'm gonna have to give them a call it sounds like. I know several people have been looking for gunsmith fit barrels for the CZ's, and so far no one stepped up to the plate to make them (Bar-Sto did at one time, but they were the only ones I had ever heard of). You are a wealth of information......

Stuart... explain the SP-01 slide thing. Why that over the regular '75SA slide?

here is a pic of the cz75 barrel, with a spherical bushing, but its not production legal, but it doesn't matter they can fit the barrel to the gun, without the bushing. The bushing is for an spo1 who doesn't care about the ipsc/uspsa rules. since the 75b barrels are a little smaller than spo1. I have a guy who is going to get one and put a suppressor on his gun. thats going to be awsome. we are also going to produce the spo1 barrel, but thats further down the road. But they are quality barrels, I have seen them first hand, they are much better than the factory barrels, they have about 40 of them right now

post-6635-1256788425_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sean Gaines

later

Interesting..... I'm gonna have to give them a call it sounds like. I know several people have been looking for gunsmith fit barrels for the CZ's, and so far no one stepped up to the plate to make them (Bar-Sto did at one time, but they were the only ones I had ever heard of). You are a wealth of information......

might check around CZ has some 6" match barrels around..the ones I ahve seen have been oversized and need fitting on the rear lugs.

I should have said a Shadow slide..

no FPB, full slide like the SA slide.

later

might check around CZ has some 6" match barrels around..the ones I ahve seen have been oversized and need fitting on the rear lugs.

I guess I wasn't clear Briley has some 6" match barrels for the cz75 that they make in house, and they can cut down and crown to factory legnth. They just start at 6" and they cut each one for the individual. you can always cut legnth off a barrel but you can't add legnth, thats why they make them long to begin with. some customers may want to put a suppressor or compesator and need that extra length. They have about 40 of them waiting for a nice cozy home. They will be making some sp01 barrels here in the near future. I will keep you updated, if you guys are interested

later

I guess I wasn't clear Briley has some 6" match barrels for the cz75 that they make in house, and they can cut down and crown to factory legnth. They just start at 6" and they cut each one for the individual. you can always cut legnth off a barrel but you can't add legnth, thats why they make them long to begin with. some customers may want to put a suppressor or compesator and need that extra length. They have about 40 of them waiting for a nice cozy home. They will be making some sp01 barrels here in the near future. I will keep you updated, if you guys are interested

Sean..thanks...I reread your original post..and sent an email to Claudio..

that is great news..thanks again

Edited by eerw

later

cool, he knows those guns real well, be careful you may talk for a long time. lol, he is a good guy

later

cool, he knows those guns real well, be careful you may talk for a long time. lol, he is a good guy

haha..thanks...

I've seen some of Claudio's work..it is fantastic..and its great to be able to find some more sources of CZ stuff..

Agreed. I'll probably end up selling my stub-tailed 75's...

Thanks for sharing the photos!

yeah..

the 75SA frame with an SP01 (SHADOW) slide would be my perfect gun. :cheers:

Why not a Combat slide?

And I thought CZ was moving towards every frame having the upswept beavertail. Haven't some DA/SA Stainless pistols been showing up with it?

couple reason for me.

full slide, doesn't narrow down.

bull barrel.

some CZ stainless gun have been delivered with the new beavertail. the limited edition, a high polished version and matte stainless.

but not in the numbers you can find them.

the 75B omega guns have the new beavertail, but the frames are cut different and the gun is not on the approved production list.

couple reason for me.

bull barrel.

some CZ stainless gun have been delivered with the new beavertail. the limited edition, a high polished version and matte stainless.

the 75B omega guns have the new beavertail, but the frames are cut different and the gun is not on the approved production list.

Stuart, are the SA barrels thicker than the normal '75B barrels? I know the SP-01 barrels are thicker, but can't remember if they fit the 75B's/SA's or not off the top of my head.

BTW, you hear anything back from Claudio?

couple reason for me.

bull barrel.

Stuart, are the SA barrels thicker than the normal '75B barrels? I know the SP-01 barrels are thicker, but can't remember if they fit the 75B's/SA's or not off the top of my head.

BTW, you hear anything back from Claudio?

IIRC...75SA barrels are same as the 75B barrels..not as big OD at the SP01 barrel.

yes..got a couple of emails from Claudio.

he has several 9mm barrel, 6", .510 OD

$180 each.

says he has plans to make some new barrels, length and OD as needed, other calibers possible too.

very cool for upgrading the CZ platform

The LE stainless doesn't have the upswept beavertail; just a different profile than a standard 75B.

From what I can tell, the absolute latest-production (late 08 and 09) stainless guns are the ones with the "new style" beavertail frames. They're around, it's just that everybody has to sell off all of the older stock first, which is still more prevalent right now.