Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Matches

I found this thread helpful: http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=93097

I'm moving to Sedalia and have at least book marked the monthly matches.

Looking forward to it!

You beat me to it. Lots of matches in the area, you can shoot several times a week and if you hit the jackpot *right timing* you can shoot almost every night of the week.

Joe W.

• 1 month later...
Will there be a match this weekend around Kansas City MO?

There is a match Friday evening at The Bullet Hole on the Kansas side of the city. It is just a few miles off of I-35 near Metcalf. Indoor match with two stages that you can shoot several times. Sign in at 6:00PM and shooting usually starts around 6:30.

Joe W.

Damn shame, the shooting weather here is great.

The weather in KC may not be as cooperative but the Bullet Hole matches are indoors. You may even find one or two Revo shooters at these matches.

If you are stuck with us thru December, dress warm and come out to the Millcreek and Capital City matches mentioned in this thread. We shoot year around at these clubs.

Ricky, we shoot every Friday night at The Bullet Hole. Just a heads up though, on Dec 4th we are having a special match you had to preregister for. Also we will not be shooting on Dec 25 or Jan 1, the range is going to be closed for some reason. LOL You can check out more info on the club on the club's web site.

Joe

For Millcreek or Capital City are there any safety courses a new to the area shooter needs to take?

I've just transplanted from NY, and looking to join in on the winter fun. Can I just show up, sign up and play?

Also, anything on the MO side of KC? 2 - 3 hours one way is a bit...much.

For Millcreek or Capital City are there any safety courses a new to the area shooter needs to take?

I've just transplanted from NY, and looking to join in on the winter fun. Can I just show up, sign up and play?

Also, anything on the MO side of KC? 2 - 3 hours one way is a bit...much.

For both clubs, if you are a USPSA classified shooter, you should be able to shoot the same day... Best thing to do is go to their web site and contact the current board members to confirm.

If you are completely new, then you will have to check with the respective safety/orientation officer to confirm the process.

As to your last question, do a search on USPSA club finder. You will find clubs in Higginsville, Columbia, Rolla if you search within 90 miles of your zip. Pioneer in Eastern part of KC metro area may also show up but I don't think they shoot outdoors during the winter months.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Their website (www.millcreekrc.org) doesn't have any calendar for 2010 yet. I doubt if they would have a match in this weather anyway.

It will be next week according to the millcreekpsl.org site.

You will have 3 opportunities to shoot next weekend...

Friday night 15th ... Bullethole

Saturday 16th... Millcreek

Sunday 17th... Capital City (Topeka)

If you go to all 3, you will probably shoot 250 to 300 or more rounds.