Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What to do after the Florida Open

I plan on shooting the Florida Open this year and am looking to extend my vacation. I thought about going hog hunting and wonder if anyone can recommend an outfitter.

River Ranch Resort is just about 5 miles east of Frank's range and they have the world's largest due ranch (sorry Texas). I know they run hog hunts since I have seen the swamp buggies they use for them. Give them a call. This is also not a bad place to stay for the open.

If that does not work out for any reason and assuming you are driving, I have a friend that outfits around Macon, GA which is on I-75 which you will pass on the way back to the land of ice and snow. Since hogs are in season 365 days a year in GA, getting you a hunt would not be a problem and he is rather reasonable in his fees. You can send a PM with your info and I will have him contact you.

Edited by Charles Bond

Maybe you could do this the weekend after the FL Open:

WHAT: 2010 Florida IDPA State Championship

WHEN: 26-28 Feb 2010

WHERE: Wyoming Antelope Club, Clearwater Florida

HOW MUCH: $110 for Shooters, $20 for SO’s and Juniors

MATCH/SO APPLICATIONS/MAPS/INFO: WWW.WACACTIONSHOOTING.COM

SCHEDULE: Primarily a two-day (Sat and Sun) format, with very limited one-day shooter slots (1-2 squads) on Friday, and limited one-day shooter slots (2-4 squads) on Saturday

DETAILS: 11 Stages, 130 +/- Rounds, trophy/plaque match, awards and random prize drawing Sunday afternoon

MATCH HOTEL: Executive Suites http://www.executiveinnclearwater.com

You forgot the grasshoppers.

I did a course at Frank's years ago, stayed at the River Ranch Resort. Came outside of my room one morning and all of a sudden notice this funny crunching underfoot. Honkin' BIG :surprise: yaller an green three to four inch bugs all over the place.

I could have saved the money I spent on their skeet range using a shotgun on those suckers...

If you're not hunting, try one of those swamp skimming air prop boats, or an ultralight plane flight. Those were both fun.

• 5 weeks later...

Thanks for the ideas guys. Already been to Dizzy World too many times. There are lots of great attractions in FL but PJ and I are really hankerin' to plug some O them ugly pigs for F & F [fun and freezer]. So we were thinkin on the way back to IL, even up the East coast somewhere, there may be a couple of pigs with our names on them. If anyone else has a suggestion we'd appreciate the info.

Thanks for the ideas guys. Already been to Dizzy World too many times. There are lots of great attractions in FL but PJ and I are really hankerin' to plug some O them ugly pigs for F & F [fun and freezer]. So we were thinkin on the way back to IL, even up the East coast somewhere, there may be a couple of pigs with our names on them. If anyone else has a suggestion we'd appreciate the info.

Go back to post #3 for the link to the hog hunts just off I-75 in Macon, GA (I think it is less than a 3 mile detour). And you are going to be welcome to kill as many of these as you desire.

You forgot the grasshoppers.

I did a course at Frank's years ago, stayed at the River Ranch Resort. Came outside of my room one morning and all of a sudden notice this funny crunching underfoot. Honkin' BIG :surprise: yaller an green three to four inch bugs all over the place.

I could have saved the money I spent on their skeet range using a shotgun on those suckers...

If you're not hunting, try one of those swamp skimming air prop boats, or an ultralight plane flight. Those were both fun.

We call them thar grasshoppers "Georgia Hoppers", Since they took one hop from Georgia and landed down here...Try hitting one of them on your motorcycle going about 90 mph....FUN!