Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Super 1050 and Mr. Bullet Feeder Question

I have had my Super 1050 and Mr. Bullet Feeder for quite a while and need to ask a question. I switched it over to do 9mm and it works perfectly.

Except.......... one annoying little thing. On the upstroke the Mr. Bullet Feeder supplied powder funnel "catches" on the way out of the case mouth and you get a little "stick" on the upstroke. It "catches" just a little and then you continue on the upstroke and everything is fine, until the next cycle.

I have taken out the powder funnel and polished it with Flitz and I have rubbed the end of the powder funnel with a "Cling Free" sheet and it still does it. If I back off the powder die to lessen the "stick" then it does not bell the case mouth enough to properly activate the bullet drop.

So................any other suggestions? Thanks.

Edited by nhglyn

I have had my Super 1050 and KISS for quite a while and need to ask a question. I switched it over to do 9mm and it works perfectly.

Except.......... one annoying little thing. On the upstroke the KISS supplied powder funnel "catches" on the way out of the case mouth and you get a little "stick" on the upstroke. It "catches" just a little and then you continue on the upstroke and everything is fine, until the next cycle.

I have taken out the powder funnel and polished it with Flitz and I have rubbed the end of the powder funnel with a "Cling Free" sheet and it still does it. If I back off the powder die to lessen the "stick" then it does not bell the case mouth enough to properly activate the bullet drop.

So................any other suggestions? Thanks.

I had the same problem, worst with new or freshly cleaned cases. Switched to the standard 1050 angle only powder funnel, which made it a little trickier to set the bell, but runs a LOT smoother.

Sherwyn

I have been in touch with Rick at Mr. Bullet Feeder and he has been really informative about this issue. They have redesigned and recontoured the powder funnel to address this sticking issue. I am going to order one and see what kind of difference it makes. Will let you know.

• 4 weeks later...
I have been in touch with Rick at Mr. Bullet Feeder and he has been really informative about this issue. They have redesigned and recontoured the powder funnel to address this sticking issue. I am going to order one and see what kind of difference it makes. Will let you know.

Did you? And does it? :roflol:

Yes, the redesigned powder funnel that Rick sent me does help the sticking problem. I would say it is 80%-90% better than before so I am very happy with the change. Rick was super in helping me solve the problem and his bullet feeder is the best!

Yes, the redesigned powder funnel that Rick sent me does help the sticking problem. I would say it is 80%-90% better than before so I am very happy with the change. Rick was super in helping me solve the problem and his bullet feeder is the best!

Thanks.