Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shooting For Fun

Bill Nesbitt

I have noticed that when I shoot matches with the main goal of having fun, I place very well. If I have no preconceived thoughts of winning or placing well, I finish either on top or very close. I don't figure my scores for stages completed until I have finished the entire match. I am usually surprised at how well I have done. :D I plan each stage as I come to it and just shoot because it is fun. B) I guess because I have no excess baggage I can shoot better. Has anyone else noticed anything like this?

Bill Nesbitt

Bill I totally know exactly what you mean... I broke my rule of "no results until it's over" at a bullseye match. (i won the first division) second division i BARELY squeeked a win because i was thinking about the first win. Third division. well I lost it because I knew I'd won the second one too..

Besides deep down we know going fast is fun, and isn't that what shooting for FUN is all about :-)

Isn't it odd that the 3 or us are the first one in this thread. All of whom shoot together regularly... ;)

Kyle,

I was typing a reply earlier today when they kicked me out of the Philosophy computer lab... bastards! ;)

I just started back to school at the end of September after a 3.5 year hiatus. I didn't realize why this quarter of relatively large amounts of work seemed so easy until you put it into words right there:

I'm here for the experience, not for the result.

Thanks, dude! Now to apply it to shooting!