Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

High Plains Shotgun Challenge 2010

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those of you who know him,...................Mel Kuhn, :bow::devil: is scheduled to be there!!!!!! :surprise:

I still need another shooter to recognize Modified division, and I have not seen apps from todd litt or rob romero,??????????????????? although their traveling partner Jansen has sent his in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trapr

For those of you who know him,...................Mel Kuhn, :bow::devil: is scheduled to be there!!!!!! :surprise:

I still need another shooter to recognize Modified division, and I have not seen apps from todd litt or rob romero,??????????????????? although their traveling partner Jansen has sent his in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trapr

I spoke to Rob tonight, I know he is planning on going with Joe and I. I will see him Sunday at a local USPSA match, I will let him know to get that thing mailed in.

Trapr

WOW!!! Wonder how Mel ever found time to stop ticken off the locals long enough to come out for some fun??? If he aint working can I squad with the old codger???

OK, for your information purposes and deciding who you want to be on your team for our team side match.

There will be 3 people per team, a birdshot shooter, a buckshot shooter and a slug shooter. Every member will have 9 rounds and ONLY 9 rounds to complete their task, the bird and buck shooters will have 8 targets each, so they get one insurance round. the slug shooter has 5 targets to contend with,...............however they also MUST open a row of targets for the birdshot shooter by breaking a 1x2 piece of lumber so the wall will fall and expose the row of birdshot targets, this 1x2 will be aprox. 10-12yds away, and the 1" side will be facing the shooter, so a single slug can break the target. They will also have 4 LaRues from 50 to <100yds away. This allows them 5 slugs to break the 1x2 with, if they fail to break the 1x2, the penalty will be 5 seconds for every target not knocked over or broken. the slug shooter is the ONLY team member able to shoot at the 1x2.

So pick your team members carefully and make sure you know your slug zero.

You will be competing for a cash prize.

Trapr

Some of the stages show engaging paper with buckshot. I've never done this before and want to know how it is scored?

Last year was best two hits on paper. There was also a penalty for hits on the no shoots...

OK, for your information purposes and deciding who you want to be on your team for our team side match.

There will be 3 people per team, a birdshot shooter, a buckshot shooter and a slug shooter. Every member will have 9 rounds and ONLY 9 rounds to complete their task, the bird and buck shooters will have 8 targets each, so they get one insurance round. the slug shooter has 5 targets to contend with,...............however they also MUST open a row of targets for the birdshot shooter by breaking a 1x2 piece of lumber so the wall will fall and expose the row of birdshot targets, this 1x2 will be aprox. 10-12yds away, and the 1" side will be facing the shooter, so a single slug can break the target. They will also have 4 LaRues from 50 to <100yds away. This allows them 5 slugs to break the 1x2 with, if they fail to break the 1x2, the penalty will be 5 seconds for every target not knocked over or broken. the slug shooter is the ONLY team member able to shoot at the 1x2.

So pick your team members carefully and make sure you know your slug zero.

You will be competing for a cash prize.

Trapr

Do we need to turn in our teams with our application or can the teams be put together during the match?

its all heads up, there should be no real advantage to any one type of equipment. As it stands I have 3 divisions recognized, Open, Standard, and Standard Manual(pump). I have no entries for Modified, I have some interest but no entries!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 entries for Standard Manual, and Open.

Trapr

Edmond Ok., IH 35, to Covell rd. to air depot rd to coffee creek rd to N Hiwassee rd, range is north of Coffee creek rd about 1 mile.

trapr

For those of you with navigators the GPS coordinates to the range are, 35* 43'08.00" N and 97* 18'03.00" W this will get you to the gate leading to the range bays.

Edited by bigbrowndog

I'm gonna try this one. Sounds like a blast. Match app sent last Fri, standard manual. Went and got ammo for the match yesterday, never had so many different types of shotgun ammo under my reloading bench... :surprise:

I spoke with Tim at Nordic and he wants to have a side stage set up for everyone to try out the NEW AR 22 upper from Nordic Components. So we will have a small steel stage set up, that may turn into a competition with proceeds going to the local 4H club, and a "prize" for the shooters.

Trapr

I spoke with Tim at Nordic and he wants to have a side stage set up for everyone to try out the NEW AR 22 upper from Nordic Components. So we will have a small steel stage set up, that may turn into a competition with proceeds going to the local 4H club, and a "prize" for the shooters.

Trapr

Sewwt! When you say "prize" I hope you mean the New AR 22 upper from Nordic!

Edited by jtischauser

Jesse, for you the prize will be the joy and honor of hanging out with Kurt, "El Jeffe", Tim, and the rest of us. Keep your friendship dues current. :devil::roflol:

Trapr

I wasn't crazy enough to think you guys would let me win anything. I was thinking a great prize like that would draw shooters from places far away like Tulsa;)

It would be an honor to keep my friendship dues paid by fetching beers for you guys.

Competition DVD's has posted a note about the 2009 HPSC videos, and trailer that is available on youtube. pull up the 2009 HPSC topic and use the link provided.

Also, I have mentioned before that I need to confirm that you are attending the match, please send in your entry. I know of several friends that intend on making it but still have not mailed in entries. If there are issues that you have pm me or email me or call, I do not intend on turning anyone away.

As for Modified division, it is a class of ONE right now, which will not receive recognition unless some competition can be found.

Trapr

I've had pm's about my statement on not turning anyone away, this is within reason. If we get a few more shooters than our max. i'm okay with it, but 50 more is too many. If you plan on just showing up and registering at the match you may be disappointed, I am getting several entries a week and taking in to account the shooters from our sponsors it looks like we'll get filled up, so do not delay. It always seems like the bulk of the entries comes in on the last month, but we have had a tremendous amount of early registrants.

see you soon..............Trapr