Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Maine IDPA Championship

Northern Xtreme

I'm a noob here, but I was there. I shot on squad 7. I thought it was a pretty good match. I would've liked some steel or some more activating targets for a state match, but the stage designs were good. I thought the muzzle below the berm on reloads rule was going to bother me more than it did.

I shot in SSP Marksman, but I ended up beating all the SS shooters also. I'm not sure if that bumps me clear to expert or not. If so, I have a lot of practicing to do. A couple things just clicked for me at this match. I had a few longer shots that I took much faster than I usually would. I saw the sight picture I needed, so why wait any longer. Now I just need to put in the work in dry fire building my index so this happens more often.

Jeff- this is from the rule book:

If the winner of a division and classification has a better

score than 10-19 people in his classification AND the

classification above his within the same division, the shooter

will be promoted to the shooter’s next higher classification.

How many people did you beat in your class and the one above you?

Jeff,

You beat 18 people in your class and the 2 classes above you. Well done indeed. There is no provision that I can find in the rulebook to promote you more than 1 Classification.

It was an interesting match.

The 1st Place ESP SS beat a total of 15 people in his class and the 2 classes above him (4th/84 Overall)

There must be something in the bright New England foliage and crisp Fall air that brings out the best in some shooters.

Thanks to all involved for thier hard work.

Craig

Edited by Bones

Jeff,

You beat 18 people in your class and the 2 classes above you. Well done indeed. There is no provision that I can find in the rulebook to promote you more than 1 Classification.

It was an interesting match.

The 1st Place ESP SS beat a total of 15 people in his class and the 2 classes above him (4th/84 Overall)

There must be something in the bright New England foliage and crisp Fall air that brings out the best in some shooters.

Thanks to all involved for thier hard work.

Craig

Yeah Bones, where are you getting the results from? I am dying to know how I did. I heard rumors but I need confirmation. Paul Mitchell CDP

I was there also and it was nice to meet you Paul. I was the winner of SSP SS (One of the guys Jar beat). There were 10 in my class but one was a DQ or DNF I am assuming I will not get bumped is that correct?

Whew, then I won't sit at the bottom of the expert results until my skill catches up to my classification.

Darrin, did you beat the bottom guy in SSP EX? I did, and I think we were pretty close.

Craig, where are you seeing the results?

Thanks to all who put in the work to put together a fun match. After SOing the NER's, I have an understanding just how much work is involved.

I got them the old fashioned way - I read them off a piece of paper.

The results were posted at the end of the match.

I stayed through the protest period and to the end of the awards ceremony.

Yes Paul, you were CDP Champion - Congratulations and Great to meet you.

Craig

Edited by Bones

Craig

Craig,

Do you have a copy of the results? I would like to know how I finished.

Ken

Edited by Ken Shoot Fast

Craig

Thanks for the confirmation Craig.

My sources were correct which means congratulations are in order for you as well! :cheers:

It was good to see you again, we have met before only briefly and years ago at one of the indoor uspsa matches, oops.... I hope it was ok to say that here. :unsure:

I am a fellow wheelgunner but decided to break out the 1911 for awhile so I dont forget how to use it.

It was good to meet you also Darrin, and congrats on winning your class! :cheers:

Ken it was also good to meet you, I'm pretty sure you must have won your class. You were shooting good.

Thanks also to the S.O.'s who all had great attitudes and to Clint Staples, Bob Henckel and the Scarborough club for putting on a match worthy of being called a State Championship.

That range sure turned out nice.

Edited by Northern Xtreme

Craig

Thanks for the confirmation Craig.

My sources were correct which means congratulations are in order for you as well! :cheers:

It was good to see you again, we have met before only briefly and years ago at one of the indoor uspsa matches, oops.... I hope it was ok to say that here. :unsure:

I am a fellow wheelgunner but decided to break out the 1911 for awhile so I dont forget how to use it.

It was good to meet you also Darrin, and congrats on winning your class! :cheers:

Ken it was also good to meet you, I'm pretty sure you must have won your class. You were shooting good.

Thanks also to the S.O.'s who all had great attitudes and to Clint Staples, Bob Henckel and the Scarborough club for putting on a match worthy of being called a State Championship.

That range sure turned out nice.