Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

transition time reduction

miyamoto

hello all,

what drills does everyone here use for reducing split time's on target transitions?

i basically use a simple par time drill.

i am getting a little burnt.

anyone else have any cool ideas?

thanks,

will s.

will,

I remember posting this somewhere, long ago...

Most of the Steel Challenge stages, especially 5 to Go, Roundabout, or the Speed Option are great for learning to start and stop the gun quickly.

One I learned from The Great One - (He shoots and teaches this on steel, so you may have to improvise with paper if you don't have the steel.) The setup - ten yards, five 18 X 24 inch rectangles spaced/placed about two to three yards apart (all in a row). And then he puts a ten-inch plate directly above each steel rectangle. The drill - You have ten seconds to shoot as many hits on the rectangles (only) as possible, in the following order. You shoot left to right on your first pass, then right to left, then left to right and so on until you use up the ten seconds. And, when you reverse direction on each pass, you DO NOT shoot the end target twice. Any hit under 10.34 seconds is good. Then, after doing  that one  awhile, repeat the drill, this time only shooting the ten-inch plates. This is truly an awesome drill.

be

Nice work Flex!

Yea, between those two totally different descriptions, you should be able to come with something useful.

:)

[edit] My link didn't work anymore, so I deleted it. I'll try linking again below.

Edited by Flexmoney

I did the TGO steel transition drill in dry fire, and within 5 minutes my eyes were leading the gun nicely, and the gun settled in right behind the eyes automatically.

Got a light headache after this mini-trance, but it was very enlightening as to the speed of coordination that is possible.

SA

I like the Simple Two.  Using handgun, rifle and shotgun this has been a skill builder.  I like it because....., its simple. :)  Focus on the presentation, transition and fundamentals.

I also like the Dot Drill that Bruce Gray showed me, that was a real building block towards transitions for me.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A few months ago the forum was moved from an Ikonboard to it’s present

Invision Power Board. A lot of the stuff was moved over (and some wasn’t) and the links within them were to the old board and now are obsolete.

Usually doing a search for the information you require will yield quite a bit of data and you’ll usually find an answer your question. If not, post your inquiry and somebody here will be able to help. ;)

Ed

• 3 weeks later...

BE,

What do you mean that any time under 10.34 seconds is a good time. Is that starting on the left side going right and back? I'm looking for more insight. The link that the person had for this drill doesn't seem to work.

Paul