Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Practicing swingers ... without a swinger !

Stefano

Well I know.

it looks a strange request.

But I was serching for a good idea to practice swingers ... even if you don't have one on your shooting range ! :rolleyes:

I was thinking that ... basically, it's only a target-transitions + timing issue:

you have to shot the activator steel, then one (or more) stationary papers, and then the swinger (at one side of a hard-cover):

the whole thing remaining into a certain fixed-time.

I was thinking that I could do in this manner:

A - set-up the targets in a realistic way (activator steel, stationary target, paper simulating swinger on one side of a hardcover)

B - dividing the drill into several time-steps: draw + 1st shot time on activator, transition-time to stationaty target, double-tap-time on the stationary, transition-time to the (fake) swinger, double-tap-time on the (fake) swinger.

C - get the total fixed-time of the drill adding each of the above mentioned par-times.

E - shot the drill focusing on shooting clean, with good points, and remaining in the fixed-time you have decided to shot it.

What do you think about, Guys ?

I know, it would be MUCH MORE BETTER with a real swinger but ... I cannot always have it on my practice range !! :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...