Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Uspsa Vs Idpa

MGK

You might want to try IDPA in Chesterton IN.

Where the heck is Chesterton?

Also in Plainfield next year they will be shooting IPSC although they don't have match dates posted yet.

Plainfield? Which Plainfield? Not Indiana???

The Club in Plainfield IL. that shoots IPSC is Oak Park Sportsmans Club

www.opsc-uspsa.org. They just started this year. They have not announced a schedule for next year yet. I think there waiting till January to announce the schedule. They are finished for this season. I just found out about this club. I have not shot there yet.

The club in Chesterton IN. is North Porter County Conservation Club. They only shoot IDPA, Steel, Cowboy and Trap. Im a member of this club. www.npccc.net

We try to shoot IDPA year around if the weather permits. The club is about 10 minutes south of IN. Dunes State Park. The next match scheduled is the third Sunday of December. Im not sure what date that is.

If you want to shot IPSC I suggest you try to use the club finder on USPSA's web site.

If Plainfield is close you might try mpsa-uspsa.org . Thats Midwest they shoot IPSC I think the second Sunday of December. Check to make sure. I've been there but it's a long day. They do the best they can with the indoor facility they use. Im not sure but I think thats in Lyons IL. Its been a couple years since I went there. Its not far off 294/55.

I hope that helps. Get a map out and try USPSA club finder. Then try IDPA web site. Im not sure where it is but there also an IDPA club near Plainfield.

Pistol Jim

I live outside Lockport and the Oak Park Sportsman club is on my way to work. It is very resonable drive for me and will allow me participate more in the sport.

I didn't even know it was there. I wil email them and get some info.

Thanks again

MGK

• 2 weeks later...

I lived in Bloomington, IN for a couple years, and found more IDPA clubs locally than IPSC. Now I'm in New Orleans, and there are NO IDPA clubs nearby, and several IPSC, so I shoot what's available.

The Red Brush IDPA club in Indiana (about 2.5 hours west of Bloomington) had a good range facility and a lot of neat props, including a "combat house". They set up pretty good stages, and I had a lot of fun at those matches.

There was another club about 1 hour west of Bloomington with more humble range facilities that hosted both IDPA and IPSC matches. I shot my Kimber Gold Match and used my IDPA gear in both (except 10 round mags for IPSC, vs. 8 for IDPA).

So, yeah, find clubs on the IDPA and USPSA websites, and try them all out. Both are fun, and the degree to which either is fun depends more on the individual club than on the rules of the game.

DogmaDog

There was another club about 1 hour west of Bloomington with more humble range facilities that hosted both IDPA and IPSC matches. I shot my Kimber Gold Match and used my IDPA gear in both (except 10 round mags for IPSC, vs. 8 for IDPA).

We don't feature IDPA matches anymore (since Jesse H. left) at WVPPS/Riley/Terre Haute . . .

Do we know each other?

You must have been around before South Central (near Seymour) and all of the Kentucky clubs that shoot in Southern Indiana.

I definitely remember your name . . .

Yes! I just checked some old match results. You spanked me in Limited-10 in our May 2002 USPSA match.

2 BIGELOW, WARREN U Limited 10 Major N N N N 251.4705 64.87%

4 VIRAY, JOSEPH A30459 U Limited 10 Major N N N N 164.9646 42.56%

(I think that was my first match "back" during my recovery from my back surgery! So if I was grouchy, you understand why).

Mistah Rhino

Was that score b4 or after you became a practicer?

In your defense, I don't know if I could become a great shooter if every time I stood at the line and waited for the LAMR, the last thought to come into my head was to question if my pants would hold together till the stage was finished...

That match was long before I started practicing (which was about a month ago!).

I was still in physical therapy relearning how to walk and other than a trip to the range earlier in April of that year to shoot some .22s, I hadn't fired a shot in about two years. I'm pretty sure I was still using and dependent on my cane at that time, although I didn't use it during the course of fire!

Needless to say, I was very, very happy to be there and participating. Hitting the targets at all was a huge bonus for me! Shooting is not easy when you can barely stand under your own power! :D

Rhino,

Hope your back is doing better now, and that your spandex supplements your physical therapy.

Just for clarification, is the the Downward Facing Dog posture that makes the pants let go, and the parts swing in the wind, or is it just that you move faster than normal fabric can react to...

I mean, I have seen football and baseball players "run" out of their shoes...

Just for clarification, is the the Downward Facing Dog posture that makes the pants let go, and the parts swing in the wind, or is it just that you move faster than normal fabric can react to...

Probably a little of both. The yoga weakens the seams, then the high speed movements are too much for them.

SS ... sorry for the drift! :(