Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gold Team V12 Question?

BoonDocK

Reason i'm asking is i bought one and have actually shot 9mm major on it in a local match. Everything seems to be fine. I just want to make sure that the gun is actually built for a major load before i shoot more.

Did you just buy one recently? any spacers on the mags?

let us know if it runs 100% and no jams.

SB

Yes i did 2 months ago and it is used. I have shot probably 150+ rounds with 1 failure to feed before i got DQed which is another story. However I remember the magazine that had failure and it looks little bit different from the rest.

What does the magazine spacer looks like? Sorry for my ignorance :)

We have another local match this coming Sunday and i will let you guys know the result.

So what is the magazine spacer looks like? I know the magazine that had 1 failure to feed looks different from my other three magazines. It's the one on the far left.

20kxfmg.jpg

2r7mx3s.jpg

The far left magazine has the OLD follower that we all have.

The other 3 have a NEW follower on them and has a TAB? huh..I guess its working?

and for us to use GRAMS follower, I guess that wont work?

I wonder if the 170mm mag would work FLAWLESS? Ever thought of having a gunsmith

build one?

Boondock, do us all a favor and load your mags to the fullest..then one by one

strip one bullet at a time slowly to see if there is a SPACE between the bullet

you are striping and the one under. This is usual problem and will always cause the bullet to nose

dive that causes the JAM. if the SPACE is not there or if its minimal, I guess they have

solved the problem.

Edited by shooterbenedetto

We will see this Sunday if everything will run smooth. I also cleaned the inside out of the magazines just to make sure.

- 2 blue magazine with Henning H-400 Factory basepad

- 2 chrome magazine with Factory Alu Pad for Mag Well (Gold Team / Limited)

So what is a magazine spacer for? What does it look like?

also, is that just a bent over tab at the tops of the mag or does it run down the entire length of the tube? Based on how that follower looks, it must run down the entire length of the tube.

+1 I can see from the picture the magspring under that NEW follower

it doesnt make sense if the magspring would catch or stop at the stop?

What would also help us is to take a picture of a disassembled NEW magazine.

The far left magazine has the OLD follower that we all have.

The other 3 have a NEW follower on them and has a TAB? huh..I guess its working?

and for us to use GRAMS follower, I guess that wont work?

I wonder if the 170mm mag would work FLAWLESS? Ever thought of having a gunsmith

build one?

Boondock, do us all a favor and load your mags to the fullest..then one by one

strip one bullet at a time slowly to see if there is a SPACE between the bullet

you are striping and the one under. This is usual problem and will always cause the bullet to nose

dive that causes the JAM. if the SPACE is not there or if its minimal, I guess they have

solved the problem.

Ok i will try that and see if the bullet will nose dive. By the way this is my 2nd 9mm major the other one works flawless...

qp4i83.jpg

2whj81x.jpg

That V12 is the old TOP end..here is the new topend..notice that the compensator has been lightened and also there are no

lightning slot holes at the recoil spring area..I guess this has helped with the TIMING issue that a lot of these guns were having.

post-4289-1253843356_thumb.jpg

I loaded the mags with 15rnds and i noticed that from time to time 15,14,13th round will nose dive. The tip of the brass will hit the front edge of the magazine and can't push the round out with your thumb. The 12th round and rest ammo no problem ejecting out of the magazine. Like what i have said it doesn't happen all the time.

Just to let you know the last time i used it in our local match. I only loaded them with 12 rounds because the magazine spring looks weak if you put more than 12. We will see this Sunday.....

The three mags on the right are mags with a spacer in the front of the mag 9mm, some 40 cal mags have them most don't. You can only run factory length rounds nothing long with those tubes.

Rich

Rich,

I guess 170mm is out of the question huh?

I wonder why EAA put the space INFRONT and not from the BACK

like we do on our STI mags.

SB

I loaded the mags with 15rnds and i noticed that from time to time 15,14,13th round will nose dive. The tip of the brass will hit the front edge of the magazine and can't push the round out with your thumb. The 12th round and rest ammo no problem ejecting out of the magazine. Like what i have said it doesn't happen all the time.

Just to let you know the last time i used it in our local match. I only loaded them with 12 rounds because the magazine spring looks weak if you put more than 12. We will see this Sunday.....

Bullets round nose? if they are nosediving, that means there's a big space

between the rounds for the bullet on top that is being fed to nose dive..DAH?

I guess you can only use this with 12rd per mag to run reliably and EAA has not

solve it yet...

SB

The three mags on the right are mags with a spacer in the front of the mag 9mm, some 40 cal mags have them most don't. You can only run factory length rounds nothing long with those tubes.

Rich

Rich,

I guess 170mm is out of the question huh?

I wonder why EAA put the space INFRONT and not from the BACK

like we do on our STI mags.

SB

If the spacer was in the back they would have to lengthen the feed lip area, which is what they need to do anyway. Their spacer is thicker than an STI mag spacer. It could be done to a 170mm mag. As a side note mags with the spacer you shouldn't have extended base pads installed, the spring and follower can get caught under the spacer.

Rich

:surprise:

Im using the TZ mags EAA sells and reforming the top of the mags to fit in the Caspian frame, Gramms

makes a spring and follower kit just for TZ mags.

If ya have trouble with nose dives the "V" notch on both sides needs to be narrowed so the second rounds will

support the top round better. I use two 1/4" round nylon and tape them in the "V" notch , take two flat

pieces of metal and use a small set of vice grip to put a little pressure on the front and back of the mag

put the set-up in the vice with two rounds in the mag(DUMMIES) and squeeze the nlyon pieces till you

can see the second round moving over under the top round, might have to do this a couple of

times , just do a little at a time. Ive been using this type of set up for a lot of years in the Caspians

and have done several mags for the EAA type guns in super,9mm and forty . They seem to work

I have been using the EAA forty mags in my Limited Caspian for years, way before Caspian came out

with the forty mags, Which is a plus cause ;) you can use the caspian mag bases with this set up

also.

Jim/Pa

Sailors :rolleyes::devil:

:surprise:

Im using the TZ mags EAA sells and reforming the top of the mags to fit in the Caspian frame, Gramms

makes a spring and follower kit just for TZ mags.

If ya have trouble with nose dives the "V" notch on both sides needs to be narrowed so the second rounds will

support the top round better. I use two 1/4" round nylon and tape them in the "V" notch , take two flat

pieces of metal and use a small set of vice grip to put a little pressure on the front and back of the mag

put the set-up in the vice with two rounds in the mag(DUMMIES) and squeeze the nlyon pieces till you

can see the second round moving over under the top round, might have to do this a couple of

times , just do a little at a time. Ive been using this type of set up for a lot of years in the Caspians

and have done several mags for the EAA type guns in super,9mm and forty . They seem to work

I have been using the EAA forty mags in my Limited Caspian for years, way before Caspian came out

with the forty mags, Which is a plus cause ;) you can use the caspian mag bases with this set up

also.

Jim/Pa

Sailors :rolleyes::devil:

Hi Jim,

any pictures??