Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How many get propane spray on the first shot?

Flyin40

I have this problem for awhile. Its always on the first shot when the gun is holstered. Any draw under a second gets a spray of the propane liquid. If I slow up to around a 1second draw or over I don't get it. I checked into it before and was told when the gun is in the holster because of the angle of the gun and mag that the liquid goes to the top of the mag and doesn't have enough time to get away from the nozzle on the first shot. Anyone see this??

What to figure out how to fix this.

Flyin

Why does this bother you so? The smell? Just look at it as a badge of sub-second honor. :D

Actually it really doesn't bother me except that with the liquid coming out there isn't enough to push the BB. So when it happens I don't have a first shot or if it does shoot it has no velocity.

Just trying to figure out if I need to replace a part or its just something I have to deal with. I know you can do sub 1 seconds draws. Do you have the same problem??

Had another guy pm me and he said he has never had it happen. Might just be something like the loading nozzle cracked or something. I looked once and didn't see any.

Flyin

My Airsoft training tends to focus on drawing and hitting one of those little aluminum mini-poppers across the length of my living room, so I'm not pushing the speed to the very max. I'd guess I'm a bit over a second, maybe in the 1.0s or 1.1s. Though arguably, why am I not pushing it to the absolute max, hm? I've never gotten the spray of liquid out of the muzzle when firing like you describe. I have a WE CQB Master on the way from Evike.com (I expect it to show up today, actually), along with a metal propane tank adaptor which will hopefully return my HFC Glock 17 to functionality, so I'll push a few draws and let you know what happens.

One thing I have had happen is instances where I pull the trigger and gas jets out of the gun all around the slide-to-frame interface to the rear/sides. This is a very occasional thing. When that occurs I tend to get really wimpy pellet velocity, and the gun might or might not cycle, so obviously I'm not getting a gas-tight seal between the magazine and gun. Have no idea why, or why it only happens every once and awhile.

Actually I'm getting the gas from around the ejection port, not the muzzle. But I guess it could be from the slide also. I know its spraying and landing on my hands. I didn't really explain it very well earlier.

As far as those sub 1 second draws I'm with you. I'll take a 1-1.1 second Alpha all day at a match and wouldn't complain one bit :goof:

I have been working on indexing. I just pick a spot pull the gun up and pull the trigger. I'm pulling the trigger whether the dot is there or not. The more I refine my index the dot is right there more and more which is what I'm shooting for. I want the gun to go exactly where my eyes are looking.

Flyin

I just tried to make this happen and it did-I just went really fast from a low ready to index and I looked for the spray. It was there, a little bit, doesn't sound like as much as you have. Probably never noticed it before, although fast draw is not my forte. KSC G17

May have found the problem. To much liquid in the mag

A word about filling your magazines. If you've followed the discussion above, you'll realize that the pressure of gas in your magazine doesn't depend on the length of time you fill the magazine. As long as you get some liquid in the magazine, the pressure of the gas is independent of the amount of liquid present. The colder the magazine is when you fill it, the more liquid you will transfer to the magazine and the more shots you will get. However, if you get too much liquid in the magazine, then some of it will rush out when you fire the first few shots and spray you and your gun with liquid propellant. This wastes propellant and can damage parts of your gun (like the nozzle and piston seal) that weren't built to handle the pressure increase that results when the liquid vaporizes inside them. With a little practice, you'll find the right "charging time" for your magazines.

Flyin

I usually get this on the first shot also. Gas and liquid out of the ejection port. My draws are nowhere near 1 second. I always assumed it was just a max full mag. The second time around on the mag (that doesn't get filled with gas) doesn't do it.

Butch

I have the opposite problem. If I shoot more than a few magazines quickly my airsoft starts to spray cold gas and liquid onto my shooting hand-more of a suprise than painful. Both the mags and the gun gets very cold. I assume the seals are freezing and getting hard and no longer seal. Doesn't happen if I take a break and let the the mags warm up every once and a while. My wife also freezes up when she sees the pellets all over the garage and back yard...

I had a similar problem with my WE gun. On the first shot or so, I would get propane spray, and sometimes the BB would roll out of the barrel. I also could not shoot the gun straight down. I emailed Evike, and they told me to adjust the hop up, which I did, and it seems to have fixed my problem. You might try that, you can always change it back, if it doesn't help.

Joel

I had ordered the extra parts I thought could be the problem. I ordered a new piston head, loading nozzle and the valve that goes inside the loading nozzle. I just replaced everything and now its fine. Not sure which part it was. I'm thinking it was the loading nozzle valve. The new one I ordered was aluminum and has a rubber seal on it.

Flyin