Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Grams mags?

Rowdy-Finn

ALL, and I mean ALL of my mags have been tuned by Grams (probably somewhere around 20-25). 1000% reliability and Beven has been doing it longer than anyone and has supported this sport when there was nothing to support. Too, all are on STI tubes, save my 30 rounder that's on a SPS tube.

Howard and Bobby do great work and I would go to them in a minute...if Beven stopped tuning mags.

Rich

Edited by uscbigdawg

I don't care for the quality of the SPS tubes. They seem very hit and miss. I have been down both the Bevan and Howard mag roads and if it were my choice I would give Bobby at Freedom Gun Works a try.

The other option is to buy some Rescomp Tubes from Rene at Speedshooter.com install a Bolen spring, follower, and basepad and magic you have a 22 rd limited tube with no tuning. I have two that have been perfect since I built them.

I have some of his STI mags that have been great. I think Grams only does SPS tubes now. I would go here Freedom Gun Worksand get some of Bobby's mags. I have a set of 4 of them and they run great.
Yeah, they said all SPS tubes. I don't know anything about those. Bevin just said he guaranty's em' 100%. I have STI with STI followers & Dawson basepads. Can only get 18 in but it feels like that might be hard to seat. 17 seems like the workable max.

ALL, and I mean ALL of my mags have been tuned by Grams (probably somewhere around 20-25). 1000% reliability and Beven has been doing it longer than anyone and has supported this sport when there was nothing to support. Too, all are on STI tubes, save my 30 rounder that's on a SPS tube.

Howard and Bobby do great work and I would go to them in a minute...if Beven stopped tuning mags.

Rich

Sounds like a thumbs up!! I ordered 5 from them.

I have some of his STI mags that have been great. I think Grams only does SPS tubes now. I would go here Freedom Gun Worksand get some of Bobby's mags. I have a set of 4 of them and they run great.
Yeah, they said all SPS tubes. I don't know anything about those. Bevin just said he guaranty's em' 100%. I have STI with STI followers & Dawson basepads. Can only get 18 in but it feels like that might be hard to seat. 17 seems like the workable max.

I'd get some of Beven's spring and followers. Swapping the stock guts out will probably get you a comfortable 18, if not 19 rounds with the dawson +1 basepads.

I would also look at Brazos custom supertuned mags. They'll give you 20 rounds and they work great.

I'd get some of Beven's spring and followers. Swapping the stock guts out will probably get you a comfortable 18, if not 19 rounds with the dawson +1 basepads.

I would also look at Brazos custom supertuned mags. They'll give you 20 rounds and they work great.

I did order some springs & followers. Should get them today. Thanks!