Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

looking for a new 17L

z06pilot

They were scarce for a while but they seem to be resurfacing. Our local gun shop has them here for about $695. That seems to be a very fair price but you can always find them a little cheaper either on gunbroker or at your local gunshows. I got a brand new Glock 24 (basically a 17L but in 40 cal) for $600 about a year ago. Are you going to try 9mm major with it?

Good luck.

I talked to one of the Glock guys last year at SHOT and he said they are made in batches of about a 1000 which might explain why they show up all at once.

Check out some of the forums (I think there were a few posted on Glocktalk last time I checked) or auction sites. A new 3rd generation one seems to run between $600 and $700 these days.

I got mine NIB from Gunbroker for $600 which after MUCH searching, found to be about the cheapest you can get one.

Keep an eye out on GB, every now and then, you can find one with a "Buy it Now" price of around $600

Edited by Precision40

I've seen one at just about every Academy Sports I've been to around here (3 total). If you have Academy there you might want to check with them.

Yep. I could hardly believe it when I saw a G-17L and G-24 side-by-side in the counter last trip to Academy.

I've seen one at just about every Academy Sports I've been to around here (3 total). If you have Academy there you might want to check with them.

Yep. I could hardly believe it when I saw a G-17L and G-24 side-by-side in the counter last trip to Academy.

Me too...so I bought the 24. :)

• 2 weeks later...