Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mandatory Reshoot? Yes Or No??

Blake Miguez

as i recall, david still won that stage. :D

and those guys are on the SUPER Squad.. i'm on the supper squad :ph34r:

Thanks Lynn, now I can't go back and edit my post to correct the error. Oh well, we'll just rack it up to a frazzled Friday. :D

Michael,

From what I've seen and heard about David Sevigny, he definitely has the makings of becoming "TGO Mark 2".

I met David at WSXIII and he immediately struck me as being a well-mannered, good natured gentleman who, instead to looking for ways to "tweak" his gun to give him a real or perceived competitive edge, simply used a bog standard Glock 17 (and lots of practice) to kick ass and become IPSC Production Division Champion at his first attempt.

Another competitor of that ilk is Phil Strader.

I see and hear a lot of crap every day in IPSC, however it's guys like David, Phil and TGO who raise the bar when it comes to sportsmanship, and IPSC is blessed to have such excellent ambassadors for our sport.

A couple of questions...

1. Blake, since the new time was faster than the previous time, what do you think happened on the first run? The new time being faster seems to discredit the "missed LAST shot theory"...

2. So...if the shooter feels strongly that the last shot is recorded, but the timer is missing one, is that an arb case? Does the rule book say anything about verifying the number of shots on the timer?

3. Blake, was your first time fast enough to be considered improbable at the time? (compared to the rest of the GMs)

I'd agree it all points to reshoot, but a stellar run at a major match is pretty important.

I wonder if the RO had any clue about Blake's speed beforehand... :)

SA

Steve,

I'll only reply to your second question, which was not specifically directed at Blake.

The rules are silent on the issue of examining the timer to determine how many shots have been recorded, however every competitive decision, save and except for the actual scoring of targets (i.e. Does that hole score an A or a C?), can be appealed all the way to Arbitration.

Well Steve I just got a video tape in from Area 2. The RO seemed to be a little over 10 feet behind me when the last shot was fired with no obstacles such as walls in the way. There were obstacles earlier in the stage that could have buffered the sound of a shot. But it is not a certainty.

1) I think the faster time for the second run can be credited to me just shooting faster splits but there was an extra two shoots fired on that run so that is not a sure answer.

2) I should have had the targets scored no matter what the case was and had the Range Master decide. That was my mistake, don't know what I was thinking. I just accepted the ROs call and gave up a perfect run. Hey give them credit, the ROs are right sometimes,lol.

3) I don't know what you would consider an improbable time. I have proved that improbable times can be achieve at match when a certain other GM shooter challenged the fact (sorry no names). Steve, you saw this yourself at the Factory Gun Nationals. At Area 2, TDean and I were the only ones in the 16s on that stage. Everyone else shot 18 or higher.

I wish they would have made me reshoot my last stage,lol. I need to learn how to keep both hands on the rifle next time,lol. Oh well, I learned my lesson. Congrads to Dave Sevigny for whipping my ass.....

Blake,

#3 was a bit loaded wasn't it? :)

I was curious what could be considered improbable with splits like yours around. 2 seconds faster on just about any field course should be considered probable...

When Matt Trout got nailed for the 11 rd first mag (11 rds total in the gun) at the FGN's, many speculated that the whole thing started because of an "improbable time" on the stage.

I have no doubt you'll be redefining what probable time times are at many matches. :)

SA

• 1 month later...