Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Comstock rules question

mhop

i did some searching and didn't find anything, is there a rule stating that you cant have more have more than 2 rounds on a paper target in a com stock field course i know one is minimum under rule 9.5.1, and also is there a rule saying that you cant have more than 32 round per stage at the local level all i saw was max on level 3 matches 1.2.1.3, thanks Matt

Dude, How would I know it's 1 in the friggin' morning! Just kidding. I am not looking in my rulebook now but as to the comstock question. Probably under scoring. Best two hits for score. As I said I am not certain on the wording of the round counts for different level matches. But don't you worry somebody will let you know soon enough. Later

There are no penalties for shooting more than the required shots on a Comstock COF. Many shooters will make up a poor shot with a third shot. The only down side will be the additional time you use to get of the extra shots. Virginia COF does have penalties for extra shots and or hits.

is there a rule stating that you cant have more have more than 2 rounds on a paper target in a com stock field course

NO, not that i'm aware of. We have had stages which required the best 3 rounds.

is there a rule saying that you cant have more than 32 round per stage at the local level

NO, not level I or level II

Along with 4.2.3, here ya go -

"9.2.2 “Comstock” – Unlimited time stops on the last shot, unlimited number

of shots to be fired, stipulated number of hits per target to count for

score.

9.2.2.1 A competitor’s score is calculated by adding the highest value

stipulated number of hits per target, minus penalties, divided by

the total time (recorded to two decimal places) taken by the

competitor to complete the course of fire, to arrive at a hit factor."