Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Wolf LV Competition Pistol

jasmap

Anybody know anything about this Wolf pistol? I don't want to buy it but it's definitely interesting to look at. I don't mean it's pretty but just interesting. It's not everyday you see a handgun that uses a bolt like this. It's either a badass gun or it'd make a great hammer.....I don't know which.

Wolf Pistol

I have some recollection of Doug Koenig being sponsored by Wolf pistols for a brief period.

He may have shot a Bianchi Cup with one, once.

The fixed barrel design had potential to be very accurate, but I think it was

reported to not be very reliable.

Patrick

I believe it was the '96 Open Nationals Doug tried to used the gun, he had to borrow someone elses backup gun to finish. The designer/owner was there with him, Rudy Wolff. They were having a problem with the bolt, if I remember correctly they got some loc-tite in a place they shouldn't have and couldn't get it out with the tools at hand. It's a cool design, I wouldn't mind having one to tinker with.

Rich

I believe it was the '96 Open Nationals Doug tried to used the gun, he had to borrow someone elses backup gun to finish. The designer/owner was there with him, Rudy Wolff. They were having a problem with the bolt, if I remember correctly they got some loc-tite in a place they shouldn't have and couldn't get it out with the tools at hand. It's a cool design, I wouldn't mind having one to tinker with.

Rich

I imagine your tinkering would result in what it could only have aspired too:)!

Patrick

Rich --- if you actually would like one to play with, Borks Guns in Cody, WY has one in their case at a fair price. A consignment piece with at least two mags and appears to be in very nice condition, in 38 Super. Call Tony at 307-587-9661 if you're interested.

• 2 weeks later...