Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Aw hell. Where can I get a 625 extractor, quick?

Matt Griffin

I'll be there with two broken arms as well. Been like that for at least a year now, would only affect Auto-rim (I would think...) and see no point in fixing something that still goes well.

I'm just glad I'm shooting my primary gun again. It was a LONG couple of months getting used to the backup (thanks RGS!) without being able to change the sights due to the owner needing it for a match. They are changed now though ;).

Much happier now.

See some of yas in just about a week (I'm on squad 1)...

Mooney (Greg)

OK, gotta ask.......how the heck are you guys breaking the arms off your extractors like that? I've never had one break, much less two! The only reason I can imagine is that somebody got way over-aggressive on an attempted chamfer job.

Wellll . . . if I had to guess, it was me dicking around with the ejector trying to get it perfectly straight after I bent it by overtightening. (Next question: How the heck are you guys bending all these extractors?) I unscrewed/screwed the ejector rod twenty times or so testing the fit, and was just running it down finger-tight, but that was probably enough.

No hitches on 200 rounds today, so I guess it is no big deal.

H.

OK, gotta ask.......how the heck are you guys breaking the arms off your extractors like that? I've never had one break, much less two! The only reason I can imagine is that somebody got way over-aggressive on an attempted chamfer job.

Guilty. Coupled with trying to eject a little too soon and hitting the recoil shield would be my guess.

Whaddaya mean "attempted" chamfer job. It's not "attempted murder" when you have a corpse. :roflol:

Guilty. Coupled with trying to eject a little too soon and hitting the recoil shield would be my guess.

Whaddaya mean "attempted" chamfer job. It's not "attempted murder" when you have a corpse. :roflol:

Oh hell, recoil sheild? About twenty times a night for the last four months. Revolvers are a miracle when it comes to digesting bad ammo, but they are delicate beasts in the grand scheme.

H.

• 2 months later...

Hello,

i made a search about "timing" .... because, after 5 years (2004) yesterday i broken ONE arm of the star of the extractor of my 625-8 .....

Yes, i did an "aggressive" chamfer-job .... but he did the work for 5 years, and a lot of major matches (about 70.000 major-rounds).

Now the question is: i have to change the extractor (anf re-fit the timing) .... or try to continue shoot with the old one (with the broken arm) ? ..... it's a good thing shooting with the old-broken extractor ? ... what's your impression about ?

Thank you

Luca

Hello,

i made a search about "timing" .... because, after 5 years (2004) yesterday i broken ONE arm of the star of the extractor of my 625-8 .....

Yes, i did an "aggressive" chamfer-job .... but he did the work for 5 years, and a lot of major matches (about 70.000 major-rounds).

Now the question is: i have to change the extractor (anf re-fit the timing) .... or try to continue shoot with the old one (with the broken arm) ? ..... it's a good thing shooting with the old-broken extractor ? ... what's your impression about ?

Thank you

Luca

I shot mine down to 3 arms, never had a single problem. In fact, after I put in a new one, I started getting annoyed by the extra surface to catch the clip on the ejection.

H.

Hello,

Thank you

Luca

Luca, From what I have been following on the discussions, depending on where the extractor is broke, it should not hurt to keep using the "broken" part as long as the rounds in the cylinder keep the thing in time. As you are using the moonclips that should help a bit. Here I find most of the stuff I need through Numerich's . www.e-gunparts.com But I am not sure of his ability to ship over seas. The extractor runs about $40.00 US. later rdd/

Ok, thank you guys.

I don't have big problems to buy a new extractor here in Italy, (about 35-40 euro), ... my problem is to fit the new timing ...

...This afternoon i was trying to put a loaded clip, in the cylinder with the broken-arm .... and the clip DON'T go ! .... don't understand why