Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Grip Stippling

Rufus The Bum

I did a search and didn't come up with much useful info, so here I am. What does everyone use to keep the grip plastic from sticking to tip of the soldering iron? I'm trying to dimple my grip, but the plastic sort of sticks a little when I touch the grip, not too bad, but I'm wondering if there is something I can use to prevent it?

I've personnally never stippled a grip, I'm more of a epoxy and 120 grit silica carbide man myself, but a friend of mine who does stippling uses highly polished punches. I've always wondered if a mold release compound would work.

• 3 weeks later...

I've experimented alot with my grip. Almost everybody I've read about say that both hands should have as much contact with the gun as possible with least amount of tension (thats how i interprit it) so I've built my grip up with chemical plastic and superglued silicon carbide grit mesh 80/90 on to it. I love it, my support hand (right) has much better contact with the gun and I can control muzzle flip much better with less tension. I hope the pictures work. And yes it will fit in the IPSC box for standard division. Best part - total cost usd 15. :D

Removed IMG codes for Imagestation pictures; they don't allow it. EW

Edited by Erik Warren