Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

FN-SLP Bolt Release Button - make it easier?

1bigshooter

I see on other threads that some are adding the larger button, made for the Benelli's - how much does it help? Just easier to hit? or, easier to push?

To actually answer your question, I found the buttons that are available (and mentioned in this thread) to be of little help in making the button eisier to push. Only eisier to find (hit). That button is a bit on the stout side. It would really benefit from a (lever) design like the Arredondo Beneli release button, but I don't know if it will fit the FN.

I actually found the progressive design to be the worst, as if it was not pushed in the center, right over the original button it was harder (read, almost impossible) to make the bolt release.

Edited by mpeltier

I was able to make the Progressive button work real well. It required just a bit of build up inside the button. I cut a small piece of hook velcro and stuck it inside the button. It stuck out further and contacted the button sooner.

But Mark is right.....the way it comes out of the package.....its a bit harder to push in to activate the bolt release.

Wow that piece catman shows seems like it would work really well. I've seen something similar but really skinny made of a thin metal on Benelli's before called a speedbar. Anyone know if something like that would work on these?

Wow that piece catman shows seems like it would work really well. I've seen something similar but really skinny made of a thin metal on Benelli's before called a speedbar. Anyone know if something like that would work on these?

Thanks, it works really well. You can just smack it with any part of your hand from several different angles. No need to train your self to find the "sweet spot" on the button. I think this type of release button cover affords a shooter more options of movement. Just my $.02

• 1 month later...

I'm told that Briley can do a modification to the bolt release button. It has to be sent to them, not a home-type project apparently.

I will let you know if I find out more, and will post pics if I get it done!

I know they do good work - so would not be concerned with that...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Would anyone be interested in a bolt release lever made of aluminum that requires no permanent modification to the gun for less than $10? I made one out of aluminum for mine that works great. I am considering sending some in for black anodizing if there is interest. Please let me know.

Would anyone be interested in a bolt release lever made of aluminum that requires no permanent modification to the gun for less than $10? I made one out of aluminum for mine that works great. I am considering sending some in for black anodizing if there is interest. Please let me know.

I'd buy one for a benelli.

I would be interested - do you have any pictures?

• 4 weeks later...

I would be interested - do you have any pictures?

+1