Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Airsoft revolver recommendation

tcurrin

Greetings,

Am taking the plunge into revolver shooting with a SW 4" 625. I dry fire and would like an airsoft revolver to use for practice as well. Which of the many airsoft revolvers out there would be best?

Thanks,

Tom

TMC: The wax idea is a good one. I used that years ago and simply forgot about it. Given some of that new SPP 45 brass that's around. It should be easy enough to try. Anyone know how the sound compares to an airsoft?

Thanks,

Tom

Greetings,

Am taking the plunge into revolver shooting with a SW 4" 625. I dry fire and would like an airsoft revolver to use for practice as well. Which of the many airsoft revolvers out there would be best?

Thanks,

Tom

I can't imagine any of them would be a good representation of what a quality gun actually feels like, but for ultra cheap prcatice I suppose it's better than nothing. Is this what you are talking about?

http://www.pyramydair.com/cgi-bin/show.pl?...;category_id=54

Primers only and wax

and where are you getting your primers at?

well, I don't know about you but I stocked up before the rush. Since I haven't shot much this year I've got about 25,000 left.

Greetings,

Thanks,

Tom

I can't imagine any of them would be a good representation of what a quality gun actually feels like, but for ultra cheap prcatice I suppose it's better than nothing. Is this what you are talking about?

http://www.pyramydair.com/cgi-bin/show.pl?...;category_id=54

There are a few better ones than that but they all use a fake bullet and don't reload the same as a Moonclip revolver. The little plastic shells break and the guns are not nearly heavy enough. The market for autoloading style airsoft is just too great to make a decent revolver airsoft.

I have seen quite a few when I was in Japan and most were too light on the trigger or just felt very flimsy. I doubt they would hold up well to long term use. You might want to invest in a 22 revo and save your money. Hey you get another gun out of the deal.

I'm just looking for something that I can use to practice draw and fire on target in my garage without scaring the pants off the neighbors. Practice transitions with real feedback on hits are on my list as well. If I had an unlimited supply of primers I'd do just the wax bullet thing. Anyone want to send me some? :)

Dry fire and reloads with the real revolver is an integral part of the practice routine. That's how I have spent and wil be spending most of my practice time.

As far as a 22 goes, I'm not sure that the wife would be comfortable with meet doing live fire in the garage.

Thanks all for the info. Do any of you use n airsoft at all?

Thanks

I used to load 44 mag cases with just primers (drilled flash holes) and foam earplugs. They'd take plastic coke bottles off the back of my couch like shooting a plate rack. They were a bit loud. Did a really good job of keeping the Mormon missionaries and Jehova's Witnesses and Seventh Day Adventists away.

I have not found a good airsoft revo yet but i have been looking in to a l frame copy of the 686 pellet gun its about $200 or so. sorry i didnt get to far in to it becouse i found a cheap 617 and i have 2 indoor ranges in town that i can go shoot at cheap.

Jeremy hardin

My 625's will launch a 6" pencil straight up and hit the ceiling. How hard can it be make a practice round that fits in the chamber and holds an airsoft BB to be struck by the firing pin. Wouldn't be very accurate, but might be adequate for enhanced dryfire. Toolguy, you design it, build it and patent it and I'll split the money with you. :D

here is a link to an artical about the pellet gun

http://www.pyramydair.com/blog/2009/01/s-5...uns-part-1.html

Jeremy Hardin

My girl's dad has one of those, it's super nice. Feels just like a 6 inch 586, and looks good too, even comes in a real blue S&W hard case. Has a surprisingly good trigger to boot. He got it for keeping the squirrels off the birdfeeders, but since there aren't always squirrels around he put some spinner targets out there too. Now when I go visit, I step out on the deck for a smoke, take the pellet gun with me, and work on my trigger control. Much nicer than any airsoft revo I've ever seen.

My 625's will launch a 6" pencil straight up and hit the ceiling. How hard can it be make a practice round that fits in the chamber and holds an airsoft BB to be struck by the firing pin. Wouldn't be very accurate, but might be adequate for enhanced dryfire. Toolguy, you design it, build it and patent it and I'll split the money with you. :D

Very generous of you. I'll get right on it in my spare time! :rolleyes: