Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

7 Stage Match at Warsaw , IN 8-30-09

The match is going to be 7 stages , 6 for the match and 1 fun stage with a golf cart .

Around 225 rounds . RO's will be shooting Saturday and we will let some shooters shoot Saturday if they need too just send me a e-mail.

Sign up 9:00 am Shooting at 10:00 am . There are some very challenging stages and should be a lot of fun !! :cheers:

Were going to have a RO at the stage and will use the squad for score keeping.

Brent sw686@embarqmail.com

The match is going to be 7 stages , 6 for the match and 1 fun stage with a golf cart .

Around 225 rounds . RO's will be shooting Saturday and we will let some shooters shoot Saturday if they need too just send me a e-mail.

Sign up 9:00 am Shooting at 10:00 am . There are some very challenging stages and should be a lot of fun !! :cheers:

What is the cost of the match???

Thks

Flyin

Me, Coach and Chun Yu are coming. We are going to head over shoot the IL section, then drive over to Warsaw and shoot this match on Sunday.

Time to get off the computer and start reloading.

When Brent say challenging stages, from what I have heard he really means it!!!!

See ya next weekend!!

Thks

$25 as I recall.

Looking forward to the match but not a sleepless weekend.

Flyin

QUOTE (Flyin40 @ Aug 20 2009, 08:51 PM)

QUOTE (colt @ Aug 16 2009, 09:25 PM)

Sign up 9:00 am Shooting at 10:00 am . There are some very challenging stages and should be a lot of fun !!

Thks

$25 as I recall.

Looking forward to the match but not a sleepless weekend.

Flyin

Yes , $25.00 There is a map at are web site www.wrpclub.org Thanks Coach

Edited by colt

What time would you guess that the match would be over?? I have to work Sunday night that probably determine whether I can make it.

That depends on how many show up. Most of the time were done by 1:00 but if there is 50 or more shooter it will be longer but if you have to work you can shoot through if that helps . Or shoot Sat. with ROs . I an hoping to start at 10:00 on Sat. if all goes well.

Thanks Brent sw686@embarqmail.com

What time would you guess that the match would be over?? I have to work Sunday night that probably determine whether I can make it.

That depends on how many show up. Most of the time were done by 1:00 but if there is 50 or more shooter it will be longer but if you have to work you can shoot through if that helps . Or shoot Sat. with ROs . I an hoping to start at 10:00 on Sat. if all goes well.

Thanks Brent sw686@embarqmail.com

I'll talk with the guys that are coming. Right now we have 2 for sure and a 3rd one is coming as long as his bullets come in this week.

Thks for the info

Flyin

Just shot this match today with the rest of the RO's. Because of work, I couldn't get up there and help with all the set up Friday and early Saturday, so the stages were particularly suprising. What a heck of a match. I can't believe they did all of that set up in a day and a half. Quality stages is an understatement. If anyone reads this in time and they are within driving distance of Warsaw, Indiana I'm saying drop your plans and go. You will not be disappointed. I also sneaked a peek at what looked like trophies, not sure, but thinking it's nice to get something for all our practice sometimes. Hope to see some of you guys there!!!!

This was a great match. Well worth the 4 1/2 hour drive. And you can't beat the price. If you missed it you have no idea. Shooting from the back of a moving vehicle! 3 Texas stars! I will most definitely come back next year you and shoot this match. Thanks for all the hard work guys. Jason Conrad

Edited by conrad

This was the first I have had a chance to head up to Warsaw and shoot and WOW!!!

What a fun match. Awesome stages, great mix of difficulty, interesting starts (handcuffed to a table), steel and of course the ride on the golf cart shooting at targets!!

Brent, Big Pete, Phil, John, Chris, Joe and the rest of the crew did a great job putting on a really challenging and fun match.

Yes I took a dive on the Cooper tunnel, fortunately is was just during the walk thru, and the "Saturday in the Park" Stage handed me my ass, but it was all fun!!

On 2nd Sundays Warsaw is going to be the place to go and shoot a great match!!!

Thanks for putting this on!!

This match best local match I have ever shot, by far. My local club puts on the best local matches but the Warsaw match moved into the top spot. It had some great stages including a stage that you rode in the back of a cart. The target arrangement was outstanding. There were quite a few times you needed to shoot targets on the move and then a couple of targets with only the heads would be right in the middle.

There was a steel stage with 20 or 21 steel that you had to hold a "U phone" to start. There was a Copper Tunnel with 2 Stars which I hit the dirt at the end of the Copper Tunnel. I didn't knock any sticks off though and was able to finish the stage.

Everyone I met was extremely nice and helpful. A great bunch of people. Got to meet Fourtrax(Chris), RePete and Colt(Brent) plus a ton of others. It was great to shoot with RePete and he had a smoking run on the Copper Tunnel and star stage.

One helluva match fellas, great job

Flyin40

Edited by Flyin40

I'm ROing Flyin 40 on the Cooper tunnel stage and I just want to add that I have never seen anyone go down and up that fast and graceful. That is a big guy and he hit on all fours and slid about 3 feet, Cooper tunnel intake. The neat thing was that towards the end of the slide he just magically pops up, wipes the dirt off and burns the stage down. Excellent competitor! Scores are not up yet, but I'm betting on Flyin 40 for high overall!!

I'm ROing Flyin 40 on the Cooper tunnel stage and I just want to add that I have never seen anyone go down and up that fast and graceful. That is a big guy and he hit on all fours and slid about 3 feet, Cooper tunnel intake. The neat thing was that towards the end of the slide he just magically pops up, wipes the dirt off and burns the stage down. Excellent competitor! Scores are not up yet, but I'm betting on Flyin 40 for high overall!!

LOL, fun stage even with the fall.

When the scores are finished where will they be posted? Club website or Uspsa local matches?

Thks for a great time

Flyin

Edited by Flyin40

Don't mean to hog this thread but I also want to mention that Aaron Bright (Coach) is one helluva good friend to have. After our beloved section coordinator (45 shooter) took a nasty tumble during the walk through of the Cooper tunnel stage, he ended up shooting first. I think he should have waited a few shooters. Anyways, Jake puts up a good run, solid, dependable, ...... safe. Coach, feeling terrible for his friend and knowing the tumble probably caused his buddy to shoot the stage a little conservatively, responded with a gesture straight form the heart. At the signal, Coach went to all fours and did the Cooper tunnel. In the end, he narrowly beat Jakes time. I know in my heart that had he thought it was close, he'd have slowed down more. A gesture like that, during the heat of a big match, well.......priceless. I think it helped to get Jake back on track. Just wanted to share that info and let others know that it's not all about the winning. Friends matter! ;)

Don't mean to hog this thread but I also want to mention that Aaron Bright (Coach) is one helluva good friend to have. After our beloved section coordinator (45 shooter) took a nasty tumble during the walk through of the Cooper tunnel stage, he ended up shooting first. I think he should have waited a few shooters. Anyways, Jake puts up a good run, solid, dependable, ...... safe. Coach, feeling terrible for his friend and knowing the tumble probably caused his buddy to shoot the stage a little conservatively, responded with a gesture straight form the heart. At the signal, Coach went to all fours and did the Cooper tunnel. In the end, he narrowly beat Jakes time. I know in my heart that had he thought it was close, he'd have slowed down more. A gesture like that, during the heat of a big match, well.......priceless. I think it helped to get Jake back on track. Just wanted to share that info and let others know that it's not all about the winning. Friends matter! ;)

The only thing he didn't do was come over and kick me.

Actually it was all staged, I just wanted him to actually beat me on a stage, finally.

I am trying to have the match done tonight and post it on USPSA . I see if I can get my web guy to post it on the web site www.wrpclub.org when he can . I am having trouble reading everyones e-mail on the sign up sheet but I try to get that out later this week.

The most we ever had at a local match was 27 we had 54 at this match . We are glad you had a good time considering how far a lot of you drove .

I think Pete can't sleep at night and thinks up all these stages !!

Thanks Brent

Actually it was all staged, I just wanted him to actually beat me on a stage, finally.

I did not drop the box on the ground, have two mikes and a no shoot and not get any points on the drop turner on Stage 3.

I think it is safe to say I nipped you on two stages.

In response to the tumble. If you are going roll around on the ground I am going to laugh at you. I just had the common sense to stick my hands out in front of me when I tripped.:)

It was a great match with great stages. If you want to be challenged go shoot a match at Warsaw.

Edited by Coach

I did not drop the box on the ground, have two mikes and a no shoot and not get any points on the drop turner on Stage 3.

I think it is safe to say I nipped you on two stages.

In response to the tumble. If you are going roll around on the ground I am going to laugh at you. I just had the common sense to stick my hands out in front of me when I tripped.:)

It was a great match with great stages. If you want to be challenged go shoot a match at Warsaw.

Oh yeah I uh, well, uh....forgot about that stage. The box was heavy, I usually have someone carry something like that for me...

And as far as the 2 mike and the no shoot, come on....that is how I roll. Amazing one moment, crash and burn the next.

Does anyone have suggestions on getting grass stains out? I have some on the shoulders of the shirt I was wearing Sunday.

My trophy is proudly on display in room A202 of Avon High School. There were some questions today from the kids. Some of my more outstanding students noticed that it was from 2004 and doubted that I won it this past weekend.

My trophy is proudly on display in room A202 of Avon High School. There were some questions today from the kids. Some of my more outstanding students noticed that it was from 2004 and doubted that I won it this past weekend.

My wife looked at mine and said " 2007 ???? " with a confused look on her face.

Alas, in the end, Coach's gesture was enough, fortyfiveshooter(Jake) edged out the win by less than 1%. Actual margin of victory so small I think we should all agree it was a tie. I know Jake is thanking Coach. I'm choked up.

And I want to know how Flyin40 beat me on stage 3. The one stage I thought I had in the bag. Some guy drives 4 hours and steals from me. It's a cruel world. :huh: I really liked that guy for awhile.

Good shootin John, I figured you for the win.....Great Job!!!!!!!!!

Here is the stage 7 the golf cart stage

Place Name USPSA Class Division PF Lady Mil Law For Age Points Stg %

1 Fadorsen, John A40907 M Open Major N N N N 160.0000 100.00%

2 Miner, Michael A20795 A Open Major N N N N 139.9045 87.44%

3 Martens, Jake A52987 B Limited Major N N N N 135.1594 84.47%

4 Briggs II, Pete A57071 A Open Major N N N N 133.8881 83.68%

5 Blackwell, John A52087 A Limited Major N N N N 123.8906 77.43%

6 Bright, Aron A51967 A Limited Major N N N N 109.1870 68.24%

7 Waskul, Terry A52548 A Limited Major N N N N 108.7632 67.98%

8 Wroblewski, Nick U Limited Major N N N N 97.6170 61.01%

9 Iliff, Chris A51193 B Open Major N N N N 97.6031 61.00%

10 Maurer, Tim L2337 C Open Major N N N N 93.4044 58.38%

11 Cohee, Phil A59848 B Open Major N N N N 93.2399 58.27%

12 Metts, Andrew A56224 B Open Major N N N N 81.4330 50.90%

13 Breseman, Mike L1678 B Limited Major N N N N 76.7632 47.98%

14 Christlieb, Daren A32619 B Open Major N N N N 72.0348 45.02%

15 Iliff, J A L2987 C Open Major N N N N 71.3769 44.61%

16 Shei, Chun-Yn A58873 B Production Minor N N N N 69.6623 43.54%

17 Huening, Kyle U Limited Major N N N N 67.1392 41.96%

18 Conrad, Jason A57535 C Limited Major N N N N 66.4311 41.52%

19 Ornelas, John TY51788 B Limited Major N N N N 65.9599 41.22%

20 Cary, Craig Pen U Limited Major N N N N 65.5919 40.99%

21 Bueker, Merle L578 C Limited Major N N N N 62.0847 38.80%

22 Roberts, Brent A52090 B Open Major N N N N 61.8449 38.65%

23 Warren, Bruce TY45940 C Production Minor N N N N 60.4147 37.76%

24 Rausch, Chad L2690 A Revolver Major N N N N 59.7512 37.34%

25 Huening, George A7102 U Limited Major N N N N 57.3229 35.83%

26 Haines, Steve L1531 B Limited Major N N N N 52.0481 32.53%

27 Deaner, Matt A63162 U Limited Major N N N N 50.7350 31.71%

28 Leathers, Dennis TY57053 U Production Minor N N N N 49.5166 30.95%

29 Baxter, Norm A60649 D Limited Major N N N N 48.6719 30.42%

30 Jones, Jeff U Open Major N N N N 45.8115 28.63%

31 Hoekstra, Todd A54700 B Revolver Major N N N N 44.1917 27.62%

32 Hart, Derrick A65139 U Production Minor N N N N 42.8479 26.78%

33 Roberts, Duane A62826 U Limited Major N N N N 38.1725 23.86%

34 Coppler, Cary U Production Minor N N N N 35.3706 22.11%

35 Hoekstra, Sheila A54728 B Open Major N N N N 34.3558 21.47%

36 Adams, Mike U Production Minor N N N N 33.2518 20.78%

37 McCauley, Jeff U Limited Major N N N N 30.2129 18.88%

38 Woodhall, Chris U Single Stack Major N N N N 22.7970 14.25%

39 Taraszka, Tony U Revolver Major N N N N 21.4644 13.42%

40 Hart, Daniel A64065 C Limited Major N N N N 18.2722 11.42%

41 Jones, Matt TY61606 D Limited Major N N N N 12.0662 7.54%

42 McCauley, Michal U Limited Major N N N N 6.9810 4.36%

43 Click, Max A61589 X Production Minor N N N N 3.7944 2.37%

44 Outlaw, Joseph U Single Stack Major N N N N 2.2331 1.40%

45 Creager, Jason U Production Minor N N N N 0.0000 0.00%

Tie Bruscemi, Joseph A59291 C Open Major N N N N 0.0000 0.00%

Tie Cooper, Sheldon A65318 U Production Minor N N N N 0.0000 0.00%

Tie Smith, Nate U Production Minor N N N N 0.0000 0.00%

Tie Briggs, Pete FY56377 D Single Stack Major N N N N 0.0000 0.00%

Tie Ark, Ken A64898 C Production Minor N N N N 0.0000 0.00%

Tie Sanders, Greg A56707 C Single Stack Major N N N N 0.0000 0.00%

Tie Lyons, Dan A51602 C Open Major N N N N 0.0000 0.00%

Tie Houser, Eric U Limited Major N N N N 0.0000 0.00%

DQed Deaner, Tj U Open Major N N N N 0.0000 0.00%

Alas, in the end, Coach's gesture was enough, fortyfiveshooter(Jake) edged out the win by less than 1%. Actual margin of victory so small I think we should all agree it was a tie. I know Jake is thanking Coach. I'm choked up.

And I want to know how Flyin40 beat me on stage 3. The one stage I thought I had in the bag. Some guy drives 4 hours and steals from me. It's a cruel world. :huh: I really liked that guy for awhile.

Good shootin John, I figured you for the win.....Great Job!!!!!!!!!

Thks, still smiling thinking about some of those stages. As far as stage 3 I only dropped 11pts on a 200 pt stage. B):ph34r: Our times were really close. Good to meet ya and see you next yr

Flyin