Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Taller rear Bomar style sight

00bullitt

Does anyone know of someone that makes taller blades for Bomar or Bomar style sights or a complete sight with a taller rear blade? The standard blade height is .430"

I'd like a blade about .050" taller so I can use a front sight a bit taller. I don't like jacking my rear sight up more than about 12 clicks.

It's easier to just put a .150 front sight in to replace the .180 stock one that comes on most guns.

Yeah....I've got a .140" on it now. I just like a little bit more blade on the end of the slide. I tend to pick it up a little faster.

Anyone have experience with the Wilson? It looks like it has interchangable rear blades. And it looks like a well built sight.

Todd, while it is well built, it isn't serrated. The blades interchange easily. I had a guy serrate one for me. The Wilson is .027 taller than the Ed Brown and the STI.

I want one .100" taller in the blade only, then I can use a .280" tall front and with the notch cut to the bottom on the blade, I will be able so see everything around the front sight!! It is on my project list to make them, but years would be a reasonable estimate for completion......

Anyone have experience with the Wilson? It looks like it has interchangable rear blades. And it looks like a well built sight.

Somebody convinced me in '03 that they were better than the Bomar. So right before I went to the '04 Nats I pulled off my perfectly good Bomar and stuck a Wilson on my Limited gun. Didn't want that Bomar to break at the Nats, right? Fourth stage, the Wilson breaks in half right where the elevation screw is and the whole rear half of the sight hit me in the face.

Thats my Wilson sight experience.

Somebody convinced me in '03 that they were better than the Bomar. So right before I went to the '04 Nats I pulled off my perfectly good Bomar and stuck a Wilson on my Limited gun. Didn't want that Bomar to break at the Nats, right? Fourth stage, the Wilson breaks in half right where the elevation screw is and the whole rear half of the sight hit me in the face.

Well.....thats nothing new......you're always breaking something on your guns.

Makes me wonder....is it the part or the operating nut? :ph34r:

Blade is very easy to change on the Wilson, I have two blades for mine. Count the clicks carefully when changing them and it even holds zero. I'm sure someone could machine a custom blade but it might be easier to weld up and cut.

Well.....thats nothing new......you're always breaking something on your guns.

Makes me wonder....is it the part or the operating nut? :ph34r:

Whatchyoutalkinbout Willis?

I only break thumb safeties.