Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Uploading videos to youtube

I just got a new computer and now I can't upload new videos to youtube.

Also Firefox keeps time out error when loading web pages sometimes,I hit refresh button and the page will come up.

Any ideas?

Vista (64bit)

Thanks in advance.

BK

Edited by bkeeler

Just tried IE also getting same problem.

It is not the internet provider either just got off the phone with them.

BK

Try downloading Google Chrome browser. I use it 90% of the time. Google owns youtube so hopefully that will work for you.

Also what AV are you using? Your antivirus could be causing the issue.

I got 1 video up but it was a small one. I changed my cameras setting to fine instead of standard(this may have something to do with it :unsure: ). I still can't get the other videos up and I turned McAfee off. But I am not having to refresh any web pages they are loading on the first try.

BK

Still could not upload videos to my youtube account they start to load then I get a failure to upload :angry2: . Did it from cd here at work with no problems.

I still can't figure out why I can't do it from home with my new computer :angry2:

Any other ideas?

BK

Sounds like your connection is blinking. The only time I have trouble uploading is when there are thunder storms in the area and my connection is lost. You won't notice the loss of connection unless you are uploading or downloading something. It happens real fast.

Are you uploading from your camera or from your hard drive?

What's the size of the file? YouTube does have limits.

What format is your file before you upload it? It's best to use the most common ones like .mpeg, .avi, .mp4, etc.. Also, for some stupid reason there would be times when I would have a perfectly fine .avi or .mpeg file fail on YouTube because it was created by a certain converter. This happened before I got Adobe Premiere Elements.

Maybe try using windows movie maker and convert it before uploading it.

The only other times I had problems with uploading videos was because of the Internet connection. My house is all wireless so when there is any intermittent connection or overload, my YouTube video upload fails. With my crappy Internet I do very simple browsing in my laptop upstairs while my video is uploading in my main computer downstairs.

Have you tried the alternative video uploading programs? I don't use them, but they exist.

I got Vista 64-bit myself, I have Norton AV running at the same time, and I also use only Firefox for all of my uploading too...just trying to narrow down your problem...

Are you uploading from your camera or from your hard drive?

What's the size of the file? YouTube does have limits.

What format is your file before you upload it? It's best to use the most common ones like .mpeg, .avi, .mp4, etc.. Also, for some stupid reason there would be times when I would have a perfectly fine .avi or .mpeg file fail on YouTube because it was created by a certain converter. This happened before I got Adobe Premiere Elements.

Maybe try using windows movie maker and convert it before uploading it.

The only other times I had problems with uploading videos was because of the Internet connection. My house is all wireless so when there is any intermittent connection or overload, my YouTube video upload fails. With my crappy Internet I do very simple browsing in my laptop upstairs while my video is uploading in my main computer downstairs.

Have you tried the alternative video uploading programs? I don't use them, but they exist.

I got Vista 64-bit myself, I have Norton AV running at the same time, and I also use only Firefox for all of my uploading too...just trying to narrow down your problem...

No uploading from my computer after using Windows movie maker.

File size is 46mb video was made with windows movie maker it is a wmv format I think.

I put the file on a cd and brought it here to work and it uploaded fine in about 3 mins.

I am confused and not that great at computer stuff but manage to get by.

Thanks for the help. I just don't know what to look for.

I just don't understand that my old computer never had these problems(and it was free) the hard drive size was only 10gigs and only 512mb ram. I got a new one because it only had 360mb of free space left.

I am still having web page loading errors too having to refresh way to often. :angry2:

BK

sounds like the problems I was having when I got a new dell with vista and mcafee. Mine wouldn't even stay online. You won't like the fix I used.....

I got a mac :cheers:

Well McAfee is no longer on my computer.

Still not working. :wacko:

BK

sounds like the problems I was having when I got a new dell with vista and mcafee. Mine wouldn't even stay online. You won't like the fix I used.....

BK

But Vista is. I think vista has some blocking software or something in there that won't allow certain things to come and go. I have no idea really though as all I know I had the same issue as you, my old comp worked fine, I get a new dell with vista and mcaffe and I can't do anything. Sorry I couldn't be more help I know its frustrating and the tech was no help.....when I could understand them.

BK

But Vista is. I think vista has some blocking software or something in there that won't allow certain things to come and go. I have no idea really though as all I know I had the same issue as you, my old comp worked fine, I get a new dell with vista and mcaffe and I can't do anything. Sorry I couldn't be more help I know its frustrating and the tech was no help.....when I could understand them.

If I could I would take this thing to the range and blast it with a Dillon mini gun! :roflol:

But ........

can't afford to do that!

BK

Since you are using the Vista version of Windows Movie Maker, how are you saving the videos?

I understand that with Vista you have to click on "Publish Movie" --> click Next --> Select desktop then click "Next" --> Do not choose best quality this time, try click more settings and choose the default DV-AVI (NTSC) - see what happens with that.

I just tested and made 2 videos on Windows Movie Maker. One using the .AVI version and one using the smaller .WMV version. They both uploaded to YouTube successfully. Maybe you should switch to a Mac...just kidding...I'm not a Mac fan, they are too shiny, burns my eyes! :)

Since you are using the Vista version of Windows Movie Maker, how are you saving the videos?

I understand that with Vista you have to click on "Publish Movie" --> click Next --> Select desktop then click "Next" --> Do not choose best quality this time, try click more settings and choose the default DV-AVI (NTSC) - see what happens with that.

edit: see post below.

BK

Edited by bkeeler

But I uploaded the same file here from work with no problems from a cd I put the file on.

I am going to have my provider update me to 10mg I am at 5mg now maybe that will work?

BK

But I uploaded the same file here from work with no problems from a cd I put the file on.

I am going to have my provider update me to 10mg I am at 5mg now maybe that will work?

BK

Have them check the stability of your connection too.

BK

Have them check the stability of your connection too.

I did that yesterday and they said it was good.

Thanks,

BK

1) Who's your provider, and is your connection in the same area listed in your sig?

2) Your ISP is about as trustworthy as an IRS agent auditing you. They are not your friend. Doesn't matter the ISP. If they can't make 5mb work for you, why pay them more for 10?

3) What is your network setup? Are you using a router, or is the cable/dsl modem hooked right up to your computer? Are you using wi-fi for your connection? That kind of thing.

I could ask a hundred more questions, but without those answered, there isn't much point.

1) Who's your provider, and is your connection in the same area listed in your sig?

2) Your ISP is about as trustworthy as an IRS agent auditing you. They are not your friend. Doesn't matter the ISP. If they can't make 5mb work for you, why pay them more for 10?

3) What is your network setup? Are you using a router, or is the cable/dsl modem hooked right up to your computer? Are you using wi-fi for your connection? That kind of thing.

I could ask a hundred more questions, but without those answered, there isn't much point.

1 charter communications. Don't no about the second part of the question. sig?

3. cable modem hooked right up to computer. no not using wi-fi

Thanks,

BK