Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CAR PROBLEMS!

rrflyer

:angry2:

I had a 98 accord that the transmission and AC started going out at 200,000 miles so I decided it was time to replace it a couple months ago.

Well I found a real nice 01 Jeep XJ with only 65000 miles on it and jumped on it. Unfortunately it has decided that its transmission and transfer case weren't good enough and need a rebuild. So now I'm looking at having to drop 3,500 bucks give or take on a car I just bought.

I want my Honda back. :angry2:

:angry2:

I had a 98 accord that the transmission and AC started going out at 200,000 miles so I decided it was time to replace it a couple months ago.

Well I found a real nice 01 Jeep XJ with only 65000 miles on it and jumped on it. Unfortunately it has decided that its transmission and transfer case weren't good enough and need a rebuild. So now I'm looking at having to drop 3,500 bucks give or take on a car I just bought.

I want my Honda back. :angry2:

Been there done that...that's why I just lease a car. Brand new every 2 years and I dont have

to fix it. I drive and go. Car will break down no matter what. ITS A NEVER ENDING EXPENSE. If you

want to own one, buy it brand new with WARRANTY!

That is the suck!

My current truck I bought used and the next day it puked tranny fluid from a leaky cooler all over. Then a few days later I discovered an odd ball sized tire that was playing hell with the auto-4wd. Oh and the spare that would have matched and fixed my issue was flat.

I've been shopping Tacomas the last few days. But at 30,000 bucks they are way to expensive for a freakin car.

I'm lookin at a 1 year old civic with a factory 100,000 mile warranty as well. I'll pay that off and then by my FJ40 or CJ7 and have the best of both worlds.

Either that or I'll just drive this Jeep in DFW traffic every morning and evening with my fingers crossed for someone on a cell phone! :surprise:

That does suck. Unfortunately, that's the risk you take when you're buying a vehicle that's already 9 years old (since a 2001 was likely built in 2000).

Other than something collectible/classic/muscle car etc the only used cars I'd likely buy are "certified" that come with a 1yr warranty or something similar. R,

If you want to own one, buy it brand new with WARRANTY!

I don't think thats a good thing...cars lose way too much of their value if you buy brand new. Few years old would be my choice.

Normally I'd agree but damn, they're just about giving cars away. I wish my wife would take advantage of the clunker program and get rid of her POS Mercury Sable.....I'm tired of fixing the damn thing.

It may be a Chrysler.. but really it's a JEEP.... Just Empty Every Pocket.

<<<<------- :)

How do I know?

Um.... I have a wrangler...

Chrysler products,...= $ after you buy it. I have a Jeep Commander 06' and the thing has too many sensors...Some times the dash lights up like a "Light-Bright "toy.

However,...I had a 2003 Jeep Liberty Freedom Edition/Rocky Mountain edition that had 60,000+miles and I had "0" problems..very reliable.

I am just trying to get rid of another Neon (you would think I would learn my lesson), as I just got a used PT Cruiser Turbo 03.