Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need Load Data and info for 45 GAP!

Merlin Orr

As I am very happy with my 1911 style .45s I don't see myself buying it... But, If I was in love with Glocks it would appear to me to be a Huge step to the good. A Glock with a smaller grip would have to be a big plus. Looks like to me it could really sell a whole lotta new guns. Also might open up a big market for concealed carry guns with a smaller grip and a big hole in the business end. Whadda ya think?

I read somewhere that Glock's prototype .45 GAP had a slide and frame the same size as the 9/40 frame and slide, so it looked like a hot setup. Then they produced the gun with a big heavy slide...bigger than the 9/40, so they didn't really manage to save much size or weight over the .45 ACP.

Don't have a Glock yet. Might have a .40 one day. Don't see why I'd buy the GAP.

DogmaDog

[On topic reminder mode ON]

Since this is actually one of the first really valid new load data threads in a long while, I'm gonna prune the rifle discussion outta here shortly to keep it clean. It's nothing personal, so don't take it that way.

The shop I work at has a Glock 45GAP on order, there appears to be a slight delay at present, hopefully I get it before Xmas.

Reduce the loads by the difference between 10mm and Std (1.15") 40S&W loads and I expect you will be very close. The limited information I have "found" is that you should make major with 200gr+ projectiles without excess pressure, but be careful with lightweights.

I will let you know when the boss lets me test out the new beasty, ammo already ordered.

There is a guy on GlockTalk.com who has tried reloading it w/o problems using factory GAP speer brass (though I would not recommend Glocktalk as those people are not so polite). As for GAP brass, it appears to be short .45 ACP w/ a small pistol primer pocket.

Last night, I threw away some .45 ACP brass from Federal marked .45 ACP NT (non-toxic) that had SMALL PISTOL PRIMERS. Could this stuff be shortened & shot in GAP pistols? Probably. No comment on whether GAP has a reason to exist.