Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stripped 9mm brass from using Lee undersize

ArvinM

:angry2:

Have any of you experience this reloading with Lee "U" for 9mm? Every 1-2 out 10 of my brass would get stripped at the bottom from using a Lee "U". What could cause this problem? My brass seemed aligned properly and I lube my cases.

FYI I also used Lee "U" for my .40s&w and I never ever have this problem.

P1010919-1.jpg

P1010920-2.jpg

Edited by ArvinM

Get in touch with G. Smith at EGW- some months ago

I and others had the same problems. I sent in the 9mm

udie and was informed that it was not a 9mm die and

it was replace with a new one. How long have you had

this die?

Get in touch with G. Smith at EGW- some months ago

I and others had the same problems. I sent in the 9mm

udie and was informed that it was not a 9mm die and

it was replace with a new one. How long have you had

this die?

Wow! I just bought it recently.....a few months ago and around 300 rounds reloaded. The die is clearly marked 9mm "U".

I had this same kind of problem while reloading 40 S&W(actualy looked the same) with a Dillon resizing die. Everyone attributed it to Glocked brass and to throw it away. Is this new brass or was it shot from an unsupported barrel? I am also curious what's up.

There's a problem with the die. I've ran over 30,000 pieces of 9MM, .40 and .45 through mine without issue. As someone above said, seems there were some mis-marked dies that got out some time back and maybe you got one.

I have both the Lee and EGW U Dies in .38 Super. I experienced the same problem about 10% of the time. I then went back to either standard Lee dies or Dillon size dies and retired the U die. I check every round with a case guage and have no further issues. I still don't know why I thought I needed a U die to begin with....

I had the same problem with a redding resizing die for .40 about 2 months ago. Is the brass shaving off one side of the case or all the way around? I tried everything I could think of and finally decided to use a different die....problem solved. Unfortunately now I have an expensive redding die doing nothing. :surprise: