Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Good distance to zero rifle?

Jesse, not being familiar with the JP target, I would say make a target that is big enough for you to see with your 4x scope. just because the target aiming point is big doesn't mean your groups will be out of proportion. i typically shoot at a 12" target with irons at 300 but can achieve 6" groups or better.

make a bullseye that you can see around your dot so you know where its at when you pull the trigger. i think that kurt guy can help you out.

trapr

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is my zero that I use for shooting irons. The data is generated from a ballistics program and confirmed out to 250 at my local range. I don't trust the numbers without verifying. I will be able to confirm out to 500 and beyond the next time I get out to the farm. As you can see, I don't like trying to hold over with iron sights. At ranges out to 50 yards on the rifle hoser stages, it is quite simple. The only place it is a little dicey would be if they stuck some no-shoots in front of a paper out around 200 yards. I used this zero at the Ozark 3-gun last weekend and it worked out very well for me. Gave me a nice six o'clock sight picture on 10 inch plates.

tac_223.jpg

• 1 month later...
What is a good distance to zero at for the rifle portion of the match? Thanks,

-mike-

I use a 50 yard 0 which is a 200 yard zero as well if you are shooting 55 grain ammo. I use 77 grain Sierra Match so its a 50 yard zero and a 175 yard 0.

Here are some charts.

25 yards (300 yards as well with 55 grain)

300meterzero01.jpg

50 yards (200 yards with 55 grain)

improvedbattlesightzero01.jpg

100 yards

100yardzero01.jpg

• 1 month later...