Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What revolver are you running

CRDB

It looks like the 625 is still holding strong for multi sports. 627 is getting to be the go to gun for ICORE, I can see why in steel shooting not so much in ICORE (6 shot neutral stages) and for IDPA- SSR the 686 (L-frame) looks to be main gun.

I broke down and went back to 625 and a S&W model 10. IDPA S&W Mod-22.

Edited by CRDB

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Randy Lee tuned 66-1 6" shooting .38 minor. Moon clipped, Weigand combat rear sight blade, dovetail Dawson .100 F/O front sight. Hammer has been bobbed and the trigger narrowed and it breaks between 4.5 and 5 pounds. It is a blast to shoot!

Edited by adweisbe

I'm running a 681-3 in SSR and I have a 21-4 TR that I am planning on getting cut for moon clips for ESR.

The 21-4 is a fun gun to shoot but at 165+PF it will kick you into next week, well, it did me.

DB

I am using a load with .44 Russian brass and a 240 grain bullet that isn't too bad, it doesn't feel like any more recoil than a 165PF .45 ACP load anyway. I'm getting about 710fps average using Titegroup. It probably would have been easier to just get a 22-4, but I wanted to be able to shoot "real" .44 Special ammunition in addition to the lower power match ammunition.

My new go to gun is the S&W Mod 22-4, shoots great, was able to get the trigger down to 5lbs (max), fits IDPA SSR/ESR, have good .45ar load for SSR, holds down zero/A zone at 25yds plus, in ESR I change grips to Pachmayr gripper for the (stupid) 165PF. Don't see any problems with use in ICORE, have a great clean 120+PF .45acp load and light front end with 125 ish PF is fine.

Regards,

DB

Now... 4" 686 for everything. I like the idea of getting a 610 though... but I can't shoot the 625s are major for long before it stops being fun.... I'm a wuss.

Lugnut,

Have you tried the X frame grip, it takes the thump out.

Regards,

DB

I just picked up a 646 4" and am trying to get my gear together to start shooting it. I need holster, moonclips, moonclipholders, etc. It really fits my hand better than a big ol' honkin' N frame. Thanks, Cliff!

Edited by rack&roll

I just picked up a 646 4" and am trying to get my gear together to start shooting it. I need holster, moonclips, moonclipholders, etc. It really fits my hand better than a big ol' honkin' N frame. Thanks, Cliff!

I have one of those in my safe. It rarely gets used because I don't really enjoy shooting it with major loads on an extended basis--too snappy for my liking. Once in a while I think about maybe selling it, but each time I remember how much fun it is to shoot (with minor loads) and I decide to hang onto it. My son Sam shot the 646 for a year or so when he was about 12 or 13--it was a perfect transition gun between his Model 10 .38 and the 25-2 he shoots now.

It's also a very nice carry gun. Every now and then I carry it under a light jacket, using a Blade-Tech holster and those moonclip holders that hold the moons by two rounds. Very practical rig, despite Bill Wilson's decrees to the contrary. :)

Now... 4" 686 for everything. I like the idea of getting a 610 though... but I can't shoot the 625s are major for long before it stops being fun.... I'm a wuss.

Lugnut,

Have you tried the X frame grip, it takes the thump out.

Regards,

DB

Leave him alone DB, I'm almost done with his conversion process...

Craig