Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The ultimate backpack type range bag

ArvinM

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I appreciate this thread. After my range bag "incident" this week I needed to replace it. The backpack concept has appealed to me too. So I checked out several and bought the RUSH24. The Maxpedition stuff is first rate but the VTAC size and simplicity suits me fine.

post-1015-1249873363_thumb.jpg

Should have it this week.

geat choice, you'll love it.

• 2 weeks later...
I appreciate this thread. After my range bag "incident" this week I needed to replace it. The backpack concept has appealed to me too. So I checked out several and bought the RUSH24. The Maxpedition stuff is first rate but the VTAC size and simplicity suits me fine.

I saw Jman's 5.11 Rush 24 pack last weekend but I forgot to ask if I could have him open it up. I called him later and asked some questions about it. I took his advice and ordered mine today.

I got my 5.11 Rush 24 VTAC pack today and it is bada$$. This will be perfect for the Nationals and for local matches. It has plenty of storage room and it can be collapsed or expanded. Very good quality and the zippers are sturdy. I will have it set up for this weekend.

I used the 5.11 RUSH 24/VTAC bag as a range bag for the 1st time this weekend in Prescott. It was perfect. It takes up less space but it still holds everything I carried before and it is well-organized. I had a few hundred rounds with me, my cleaning kit, gun, 6 mags, spare parts, etc... I will also use it as carry-on for future flights. I'm looking forward to using it in Vegas also.

• 1 year later...

More...

Ammo-1.jpgSide.jpg

TopPocket.jpgBladder.jpg

Camelback bladder is an option you can add. As you can see it can easily hold 5 100 round boxes of ammo and still have ample space for other things like muffs or pads. Pretty sturdy and always stands upright. Also comes with an extra strap to convert it to a shoulder bag.

What size bladder is that one.

Thanks,

Jan

• 2 weeks later...

I've had a lot of luck with my Kifaru XRay. I've got one of the large pockets in the bottom of it for mags and an admin type organizer on the outside of it. The thing is absolutely bombproof. I can fit plenty of gear in it and the weight never is an issue, it's got a suspension like no other. Money well spent, handmade in the USA.

I've had a lot of luck with my Kifaru XRay. I've got one of the large pockets in the bottom of it for mags and an admin type organizer on the outside of it. The thing is absolutely bombproof. I can fit plenty of gear in it and the weight never is an issue, it's got a suspension like no other. Money well spent, handmade in the USA.

"Base price: $331". :surprise: