Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dot Squggle

shred

Well, if you are shooting .11 splits, I don't think you have a lot of time to see it squiggle, plus your pistol never really stops on any single target and is moving all the time...

If, you are not TGO, yes, you might see it move around a bit, but is your goal to have a perfectly still dot or to shoot A's as fast as is humanly possible?

Don't sweat the small stuff.

Actually, depending on the loads, I can see the dot lift, then wobble from side to side, then dip before coming back to POA. I conclude all of that happens as a result of the porting and the bullet is long gone.

Tightloop:

I don't shoot .11 splits, lol.

What I'm talking about, it's not something that happens all the time.. it comes from me pushing the trigger in a non-directly-backwards direction. Not a real 'yank', but it'll throw the bullet a few inches off where you expected it to be.

Since it happens as part of firing the shot, it appears to be part of the recoil-dot-bounce, but really happens beforehand. Easy to detect in practice when your shots aren't quite where you called them, but not so easy to spot in a match.