Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

S.E. Alabama Tactical Shotgun Match, 8 Aug

Tristate Gun Club will host a Tactical Shotgun Match on Saturday, 8 August. This will be a warmup match for our area 3 gun matches this fall. There will be six stages emphasizing quick setup using lots of clays and steel. Michael and Cheryl Fordyce are doing the stage designs and they promise to be challenging and fun. Setup starts at 0800 with registration starting at 0930. Don't be put off by the August heat. Our bays are well shaded and there is overhead cover at the bays. A map and directions can be found at www.tristategunclub.org at the bottom of the page. Cost will be $15.00.

More information. Divisions will be open, limited, pump. 120 shot, 4 slug. Time plus scoring. 6 stages from pure speed to field course with walls and doors. This will be a good chance to see what you need to work on to get ready for the upcoming 3guns - Arkansas, Mississipp, A-6, and the BigBenny.

c-ya out on the range

michael

Cann't wait this should be fun. Maybe we can get a sitter and the wife can come. Cheryl needs to bring some goodies so we don't famish :wub:

No problem - got it covered!!! Can't have the shooters falling out by the wayside, besides, if I get everybody all sugared up, I'll have a fighting chance. Absolutely, bring your wife. Does she shoot shotgun? Michael has some really cool stages lined up.

More information. Divisions will be open, limited, pump. 120 shot, 4 slug. Time plus scoring. 6 stages from pure speed to field course with walls and doors. This will be a good chance to see what you need to work on to get ready for the upcoming 3guns - Arkansas, Mississipp, A-6, and the BigBenny.

c-ya out on the range

michael

If I win the 4 slug division do I get baked goods from your wife? :roflol:

Quick clarification please. August 8th is a Saturday. Is the match Saturday, August 8th or Sunday August 9th. If it's Sunday, I'm coming.

Thanks,

David

Hi David - thank you for noticing that. The match date is Saturday, August 8. Sorry you can't make it. Will we see you at the Arkansas multi-gun match on August 29 & 30?

Quick clarification please. August 8th is a Saturday. Is the match Saturday, August 8th or Sunday August 9th. If it's Sunday, I'm coming.

Thanks,

David

It's Saturday, but are you sure you want to miss back to back stars, from a barricade, with a shotgun? :roflol:

Thanks,

David

It's Saturday, but are you sure you want to miss back to back stars, from a barricade, with a shotgun? :roflol:

I really hope that if you are doing that you have someone is showing up to reset it.

I really hope that if you are doing that you have someone is showing up to reset it.

Dude, after you munch those brownies, we'll all have to back out of your way when you're resetting them!

Dude, after you munch those brownies, we'll all have to back out of your way when you're resetting them!

What y'all putten' in them brownies?

Just remember I am a senior but only under the old rules!

Finally got the stages drawn up and posted to my web site. Michael and Cheryl have done a bang up job in designing some really great stages. This will be a great match. We will be using FB3G rules (time plus). They can be found on several places including on my home page. To view the stage designs, press the 8 Aug button.

:cheers:

Exactly where is this club located. I looked at the website map, but was not familiar with that area. What part of the state or larger city is nearby?

Tristate Gun Club is between Dothan and Enterprise Alabama. Here are the Lat/Longs: 31.268354 -85.758934. Here is a Google Map:

TSGC_Map.jpg

Edited by itento

:cheers:
Exactly where is this club located. I looked at the website map, but was not familiar with that area. What part of the state or larger city is nearby?

Tristate Gun Club is between Dothan and Enterprise Alabama. Here are the Lat/Longs: 31.268354 -85.758934. Here is a Google Map:

TSGC_Map.jpg

Thanks,

tom, you might wanna print some more score sheets..... a squad is coming in convoy from tally sat am fro sure...... great looking stages springy..... it will be "the shotgun prep" match for a6multi and benny....... yeahhhhhhhawwww

Man, I sure wish that I had picked up on the day/date discrepancy. I really need to shoot my shotgun. If I had realized that it was Saturday, I would have been in. I have already signed up for a Sportsmans challenge with our Church for Saturday. Maybe next time.

Hurley

Man, I sure wish that I had picked up on the day/date discrepancy. I really need to shoot my shotgun. If I had realized that it was Saturday, I would have been in. I have already signed up for a Sportsmans challenge with our Church for Saturday. Maybe next time.

Hurley

Trailer is being loaded and brownies are being baked. Hope to see a bunch of you there on Saturday.

Just checked Weather Underground.

Partly cloudy. A slight chance of showers or thunderstorms in the morning...then a chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs around 92. Southeast winds around 5 mph. Chance of rain 50 percent.

The good news is we will have this match come rain or shine. The bad news is ...there isn't any bad news. All steel or clays except for 4 paper slug targets. We have cover on the bays and in the common .areas. Our typical showers are pretty shot lived anyway