Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cutting my palm

JFlowers

I'm part of the bloody palm club too. It's just hard to tell yourself to "slow down", that's not a gross motor skill especially during a stage. Your whole body and mind is trying to go as fast as you can, and what usually happens is you slap the ejector rod fast.

I say work on building calluses ;) Just like going to the gym, after a while you'll have strong, rough man hands.. only rough men shoot revolvers.. right guys?

Just like going to the gym, after a while you'll have strong, rough man hands.. only rough men shoot revolvers.. right guys?

This girlie man uses his thumb, whether it's a strong- or weak-hand reload. :blush: Being a wimp is one reason. The main one, though, is that, as revoman pointed out, my thumb's there anyway. And, in the case of a strong-hand reload, using my thumb allows me to multi-task - ejecting while grabbing the next load. IMHO, YMMV, AFAIK, IIRC, yadda yadda...

:cheers:

Tom

A lot of revolvers have a bevel on the end of the ejector rod that makes it sharp like a cookie cutter. I just make that sharp end flattened off. Then the end of the rod is completely flat except for a small radius right on the edge to avoid another sharp corner. Then it's almost impossible to hurt your hand ejecting shells. It doesn't hurt the gun at all for that rod to be a little bit shorter.

If you cut a circle in your palm, you bottom out. It's not because of sticking cases.

I reload with the left and simply push the extractor rod down with my left index finger once I raise the muzzle enough. No need to go apesh.. on that poor extra rod.

I weak hand reload, but still eject with my thumb, is this abnormal?

Lee

Mitch, WBnormal? I do the same. The thumb is right there as I open the cylinder on my reload. Lster rdd