Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Holster for IPSC production

Indijan

As im starting to shoot IPSC Production in the fall (6 month waiting period here in Norway for 1st pistol), i need to get some equipment for that.

Im getting my SP-01 Shadow in september ;)

Im coming to the US in 3 weeks and im planning to do some heavy shopping (half the price in the US compared to Norway).

So to my question:

Can i use any holster in production class? (Ghost, CR speed etc.) It said something about max offset and so on.

I tried to read the rules but i couldnt really wrap my head around it.

Are there ANY equipment used in open that i cant use in production? Exept ofcourse modifications to the gun.

Edited by Indijan

Basically the rules in Production want you to use equipment that you might actually carry in real life. The equipment in Open would not be legal in Production. Go to Blade-tech's site to find what you need. Basically anything legal for IDPA will be ok for Production. Hope this helps.

You can't use a "race" holster in production. This includes the ghost, cr speed, 012, limcat, etc.

You can use almost any kydex holster. The most popular one being bought right now is the DOH from Bladetech. You can also use an uncle mikes, comptac, etc.

Get on the USPSA.org web site and download the rules .pdf file. Look in Appendix E (I think).

Randy

You guys are talking about USPSA, but I believe the original poster was asking about IPSC rules. In IPSC I'm pretty sure you CAN use a race holster in Production. The choice is up to you as to what feels good or what works best for you. I like the Ghost personally.

You can't use a "race" holster in production. This includes the ghost, cr speed, 012, limcat, etc.

You can use almost any kydex holster. The most popular one being bought right now is the DOH from Bladetech. You can also use an uncle mikes, comptac, etc.

Get on the USPSA.org web site and download the rules .pdf file. Look in Appendix E (I think).

Randy

Indijan actually means IPSC and not USPSA. In IPSC, I believe race holsters are allowed in production. If I am wrong, one of the more experienced shooters please correct me.

AS mentioned by others, you can use race holsters like Ghost/CR if you want.

I have a CR Speed I use in Open, but for Prod (where I shoot a S&W M&P) I'll probably get something like a Blade Tech DOH for it in the future. Easy and very secure. And fast enough. There is a video floating around of Todd Jarrett doing sub 1 sec draws from a similar holster from Blackhawk ("pro tips by Todd Jarrett " or something?).

The DOH is indeed a nice holster, which also has the benefit of being inexpensive. And of course, they are king for USPSA Production here in the States. The DOH is definitely something to consider.

But then again, I absolutely love the Ghost for my CZ 75 TS.

Thanx to all of you for the answers. It shows over and over again that this is the best shooting forum out there.

Now i just need to find a online shop in the states that is willing to take my foreign Visa and ship to my family in MN.

Think ill try CZ custom first, as they have other stuff i need too.

Ill go for the CZ 75 85 SP01 Tactical Sports Ghost Holster

ghost_ultimate.2.jpg

Thanx to all of you for the answers. It shows over and over again that this is the best shooting forum out there.

Now i just need to find a online shop in the states that is willing to take my foreign Visa and ship to my family in MN.

Think ill try CZ custom first, as they have other stuff i need too.

Ill go for the CZ 75 85 SP01 Tactical Sports Ghost Holster.

Excellent choice - the people down at CZ Custom (which of course includes Angus ;)) are top-notch. My TS was ordered direct from them, including all of the extra work & goodies I wanted for it.