Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Kelly Phillips - 40

My Uncle Kelly was a local truck driver in Southern Illinois, and died in a wreck Tuesday morning. He was 40, only 5 years older than me. We pretty much grew up together. While he wasn't a competitive shooter, he did enjoy hunting and fishing.

We are awaiting the different test results to see if it was mechanical failure of the truck, if he had a heart attack or something, or what. The services are this Sunday.

It's getting to the point that I hate the summertime. I've now lost 4 members of my immediate family (Grandfather 2004, Mother 2007, Grandmother 2008) in the last 5 years, all in the summer time.

What makes this one a little harder than the others, is there was no warning with this one. With Gramma, Grampa and Mom... they had bad health problems, and we knew it was coming.

I hate truck wrecks.

The funeral home website is http://www.stasigrovefuneralhome.com/sitem...=kelly-phillips

Frank

Well, the funeral was yesterday.

We also found out the cause of death. Seat belt strangulation. The DOT told us it was one of those cases where the seat belt killed him, but even if he hadn't been wearing his seat belt, the way the truck rolled, he would have been bounced around the truck or ejected and 99.9% chance he would have died from that as well.

Basically a lose lose situation.

It'll be a couple weeks until we find out the mechanical tests on the truck. It turns out that he had been telling his boss for two months that the truck was junk, and needed to be repaired.

If this is the case, and something did break... well, lets put it this way... I'm not in a good mood right now.

Frank

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...