Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

OAL help with 121 IFP &Win 231

ah141nj

Need some load help for Win 231 with MG 121 IFP for 9mm in a Glock.

Havent had too much accuracy so far with these. Heard they are supposed to be a top performer.

I have tried 231 at 4.2 grs with OALs of 1.085, 1.120 & 1.135.

Any OAL suggestions?

Hello: As stated above try a different powder like Tite Group, Solo 1000, VV320 etc. Also check your crimp. I loaded some of these up and they work very well in my Glock and CZ. I load them to 1.135OAL. Thanks, Eric

Thanks.

What do you guys think may be wrong with using 231?

What do you load at with TiteGroup? I have that on hand as well as Hodgon CLAYS. Any suggestions for those 2?

Hello: Use the Tite Group for 9mm. You can try 4.0 grains of Tite Group loaded to 1.135OAL to start. It should be about 130PF. I have not chronoed this load yet in my Glock or CZ. I crimp to 0.002 smaller. Let use know how this works for you. Thanks, Eric

Need some load help for Win 231 with MG 121 IFP for 9mm in a Glock.

Havent had too much accuracy so far with these. Heard they are supposed to be a top performer.

I have tried 231 at 4.2 grs with OALs of 1.085, 1.120 & 1.135.

Any OAL suggestions?

As others suggested, might try a different powder or vary the load of W-231 a bit. It seems to me the MG bullets like a little more pressure to really tighten up the groups. FWIW, I often shoot the MG 115 JHP (essentially same bullet minus the cavity) and it does well at 1.10 in my guns.

I loaded up about 400 115 Zero HP recently with 4.5gr of 231. Accuracy was great and they shot very soft. Cant give you a velocity but it might be sub minor. Also loaded up several hundred with 4.4gr Titegroup and they shot equally as well. All were loaded at 1.15. Pistol was a 5" Eagle with Schuemann barrel. I recently bought 1000 of the Rainier 124's and am having a hell of a time finding an accurate combination. A lot of vertical with Solo and 7625, and groups generally in the 3 to 4 inche range at 25.