Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bang Inc Miculek or Wolff Pro-SPrings for S&W 625?

leam

A friend wants to get his 625 ready for play and is going to replace the springs. Brownell's has the regular power and the reduced power sets by Wollf. That name I know. Bang Inc has a set named for Miculek, but I've not heard of them. Any expertise on what to recommend for him?

Thanks!

Leam

I have the Wollf springs and I'd be surprised if the Miculek ones are different. I bought them as spares in case I messed up or broke the originals.

The factory main (hammer) spring in my 627 is identical to the Wollf. The factory main spring can be bent a little to weaken it, search the revo forum for instructions. The reduced trigger springs may be worth it, but you could still likely shorten them a little or just shorten the factory spring.

Smoothing out the action makes more of a difference than the springs, light springs for me make any hitches in the action more noticable.

Smoothing out the action makes more of a difference than the springs, light springs for me make any hitches in the action more noticable.

+1

Get the pack of Wolff rebound springs that are different weights. Try them out and see what you like best.

All of the after market main springs that I've tried are still to powerful. Just bend the stock one, or leave it like it is and just back out the strain screw. Be sure to add green or red Loctite if you use the strain screw method.

Craig

The Bang Inc set has a better main spring. In my 686+ I have the Miculek (Bang Inc.) main spring. This main spring is already bent, so it saves the time and hassle of trying to rebend the main spring yourself.

I would replace the rebound spring with one from Wolf, and you will get your trigger pull down. As mentioned before, the hitches in the action are much more noticable once you get different springs in the gun, so you will probably want to smooth up your gun. I found Jerry Miculek's action job DVD is a decent jumping off point and it at least gets you familiar with how everything works together, and where you need to start.

If you don't want to do the work yourself you might look at Mike Carmoney or Randy Lee at Apex Tactical. I have heard great things about both.

Bang Inc is more than just the Miculek name it is product they (Jerry and Kay) designed. I have their spring set in my SW 625 and it has enhanced the reset in my gun. I had a technical question before I purchased the product and Kay was the person that I talked to.

Good customer service and good product!

A friend wants to get his 625 ready for play and is going to replace the springs. Brownell's has the regular power and the reduced power sets by Wollf. That name I know. Bang Inc has a set named for Miculek, but I've not heard of them. Any expertise on what to recommend for him?

Thanks!

Leam

I use the Miculek mainspring in two of my guns as I have not gotten around to bending my own yet. It is very light, lighter than any of Wolf's if I remember correctly. Federal primers are recommended. Also too me it feels out of it's curve with an unmoddified strain screw which is a whole nuther subject in itself. The rebound spring in the Miculek kit was too light for my tastes, so I use a Wolf 14#er.

If this is your freind's 1st go with trying springs I would recommend Wolf's Reduced power TYPE-2 mainspring;

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=222267

If you want the finest, there are forum member's here that do the best trigger jobs on S&W revos.

I bought a Bang kit for my 625 last year (I buy and try them all). When I put it in I got the worst trigger pull Ive ever felt. It wasn't the normal heavy bad, but so stagy... it got progressively heavier through the pull. It was actually tough to make the gun go off. The only way to make it useable was to back the strain screw WAY out. (useable in pull, but nowhere near setting off a primer). I assumed there was something really wrong with it and tossed it in the parts box. ???

I bought a Bang kit for my 625 last year (I buy and try them all). When I put it in I got the worst trigger pull Ive ever felt. It wasn't the normal heavy bad, but so stagy... it got progressively heavier through the pull. It was actually tough to make the gun go off. The only way to make it useable was to back the strain screw WAY out. (useable in pull, but nowhere near setting off a primer). I assumed there was something really wrong with it and tossed it in the parts box. ???

I would call Bang Inc. I am sure if there is a problem they will make it right.

I would buy the Bang Inc. I have had both brands of springs in the past. The Bang Inc. springs are much faster to set up and troubleshoot. Right now I have my 686 set at 7.1# for use with Federal primers and my 625 set at 8.3# for use with any primers.