Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Paducah Kentucky

I'm going to be working in Paducah for the next 3 or 4 weeks and need somewhere to shoot during the week. Any one know somewhere I can get some range time ?

Hop

There is a new-ish range behind a gun store there called...yes you guessed it...shooter's supply (surely the most common gunstore name - there are 2 in the Cincinnati area alone...and are unrelated.)

I'll call my buddy who lives down that way to get range info. We went when I was home back in the winter and the range manager said they were shooting "IPSC" style competitions...I need to find out when for myself. They have some funky rifle berms made from what appears to be AL siding that has been framed up and filled with pea gravel...guess it works. There is also a pistol range but we didn't go over on that side.

I'm going to be down there this weekend for a quick trip to see Mom. When are you headed that way?

HK,

I'm leaving in the morning, be there all week. PM coming.

HOP

What he is referring to behind Paducah Shooters Supply is the Jackson Purchase Rifle and Pistol Club. I live in Southern IL and have shot there in competitions many times over the last 20 years. That club is open to the public only for competitions. Otherwise it is a private club open only to members and guests. They do not have USPSA or IDPA. They do have rifle and handgun silhouette and some ppc comps.

There is a USPSA match this Sunday in West Frankfort IL which is only 55 miles north of Paducah.

Herb

HK,

HOP

What he is referring to behind Paducah Shooters Supply is the Jackson Purchase Rifle and Pistol Club. I live in Southern IL and have shot there in competitions many times over the last 20 years. That club is open to the public only for competitions. Otherwise it is a private club open only to members and guests. They do not have USPSA or IDPA. They do have rifle and handgun silhouette and some ppc comps.

There is a USPSA match this Sunday in West Frankfort IL which is only 55 miles north of Paducah.

Herb

I think they've opened part of it to the public...for a few days of the week now (Thurs-Sat I think). My buddy called back and said he'd send me a note later tonight with the details.

Steel - In case you don't know where Paducah is - its right between Possum Trot, KY and Monkey's Eyebrow, KY. Yup, I've been to both.

I'm going to be working in Paducah for the next 3 or 4 weeks and need somewhere to shoot during the week. Any one know somewhere I can get some range time ?

Hop

Hey, that means you could teach me how to reload revolvers!!!!

I know a guy that lives in that area that is an instructor for Grayguns. He can probably give you the run down on everything in the area. His email is jerry@grayguns.com

Edited by staudacher

HK,

HOP

Herb

I think they've opened part of it to the public...for a few days of the week now (Thurs-Sat I think). My buddy called back and said he'd send me a note later tonight with the details.

Steel - In case you don't know where Paducah is - its right between Possum Trot, KY and Monkey's Eyebrow, KY. Yup, I've been to both.

Right south of BFE! :roflol: