Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Open Source Shot Timer

adweisbe

Michael,

First off the important stuff.

Moto Cliq running 2.1.5 non-modded

Have tried to use it a few time at the indoor range. Even with the sensitivity and detection at max it can't isolate the shots. Multiple entries for every true shot that rings out. This is with shooting only going happening on the other side of the range. There is a steel entry door that separates the two halves. From reading back it appears that this is the main problem. Too cold where I live to get any outdoor firing in so that report will have to wait.

I have also been using it as a dry fire timer. With some adjustment it works great. Picks up the striker falls perfect.

Thnaks for your efforts

Ray

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Michael,

Have tried to use it a few time at the indoor range. Even with the sensitivity and detection at max it can't isolate the shots. Multiple entries for every true shot that rings out. This is with shooting only going happening on the other side of the range. There is a steel entry door that separates the two halves. From reading back it appears that this is the main problem. Too cold where I live to get any outdoor firing in so that report will have to wait.

I have also been using it as a dry fire timer. With some adjustment it works great. Picks up the striker falls perfect.

Thnaks for your efforts

Ray

It sounds like its still to sensitive for indoor use, I only used outdoor with my 9mm and indoor airsoft.

Ill try looking at it this weekend maybe there is a simple solution for it.

Regards

Michael.

Same thing happens with the original version.

I have compiled a version that should give some messages on the screen so i can get an idea where its going wrong.

Michael.

edit: file removed.

Edited by MichaelGj

Same thing happens with the original version.

I have compiled a version that should give some messages on the screen so i can get an idea where its going wrong.

Michael.

Still no luck. All I get is a title bar, a blank screen and a force close.

Same problem with this one.

At this point i don't have any idea why it behave like that....

but ill be looking into it.

Is this the only app you got force close problems with ?

Regards

Michael

Edited by MichaelGj

Same problem with this one.

At this point i don't have any idea why it behave like that....

but ill be looking into it.

Is this the only app you got force close problems with ?

Regards

Michael

Yes, it's the only app that I get a FC with. I'm rooted but I'm guessing that shouldn't matter.

Trying to install it on T-Mobile G-1 using App Installer, I get the 'Install Open Shot Timer?' popup, click Install, and the popup comes back every time - until I Cancel. Nothing gets installed. Any thoughts? Tx.

Trying to install it on T-Mobile G-1 using App Installer, I get the 'Install Open Shot Timer?' popup, click Install, and the popup comes back every time - until I Cancel. Nothing gets installed. Any thoughts? Tx.

Did you check the "install from unknown sources" in settings/programs ?

Regards

Michael.

I have. The install starts but keeps 'looping'. First it prompts for org.ost and asks 'Do you want to install this application?'. I click Install. It asks the same thing 2nd time. I click install again. Next time it asks about Open Shot Timer. No matter how many times I click Install, it comes back to the same screen until I finally say Cancel.

I have. The install starts but keeps 'looping'. First it prompts for org.ost and asks 'Do you want to install this application?'. I click Install. It asks the same thing 2nd time. I click install again. Next time it asks about Open Shot Timer. No matter how many times I click Install, it comes back to the same screen until I finally say Cancel.

Hi,

Try using another program to install with, ASTRO file manager works fine and its free. (can be found at market)

Some phones also have they own PC software to remote install.

Regards

Michael

Thanks, Astro does the same, just tried. That's in addition to File Manager & Apps Installer, they all behave same way on my phone.

When an app is being installed, is there some kind of a log being created?

P.S. The downloaded apps are in the root of SD card, could this be a problem? Tx.

P.P.S. NM, just put the file in downloads dir and checked, makes no difference...

Edited by ardo

Thanks, Astro does the same, just tried. That's in addition to File Manager & Apps Installer, they all behave same way on my phone.

When an app is being installed, is there some kind of a log being created?

P.S. The downloaded apps are in the root of SD card, could this be a problem? Tx.

P.P.S. NM, just put the file in downloads dir and checked, makes no difference...

This is really odd, chould you try this :

How to Non-Market .Apk Application on Google Android G1 Phone

1. Download and install Google Android SDK.
  2. Now type adb in a command shell will display all the options, adb.exe is SDK tool used to install applications and interface with the device.
  3. Now Connect Your G1 Phone to your computer using USB cable.
    You need to install Drivers for this. Download Android USB drivers from here.
    This driver is required for adb to interface with an android G1 phone using USB cable.
  4. Go to Android Settings/SD card & phone storage and disable Use for USB storage.
    You can enable it again later after you installed your third-party application.
  5. Go to Settings/Application settings and enable Unknown sources.
  6. Download the Application installer .apk file to a local folder on your computer,
    Now type below command at command shell to install app.
    adb install <Full Path to apk file><apk file name>

I'am not sure it would help but its worth a try.

Regards

Michael

Michael,

Thnaks for your efforts

Ray

Hi Ray,

Here is a test version for you, i have changed the max for sensitivity from 200 to 400 and i hope that helps.

And it has an "Error Report" for Force Closes built-in and enabled by default, remember to disable it in options.

It uses the Internet to report on but not without user accept.

And Glenn aka 03k64 you should also try to install it and have it send an error report to me.

Here is how it looks like :

notif_ticker.pngnotif.pngnotif_dialog_full.png

Just enter your username here at brianenos.com forum so i know who is sending.

Regards

Michael.

Open Shot Timer.zip

Edited by MichaelGj

Michael,

Thnaks for your efforts

Ray

Hi Ray,

Here is a test version for you, i have changed the max for sensitivity from 200 to 400 and i hope that helps.

And it has an "Error Report" for Force Closes built-in and enabled by default, remember to disable it in options.

It uses the Internet to report on but not without user accept.

And Glenn aka 03k64 you should also try to install it and have it send an error report to me.

Here is how it looks like :

notif_ticker.pngnotif.pngnotif_dialog_full.png

Just enter your username here at brianenos.com forum so i know who is sending.

Regards

Michael.

Hi Michael,

Sounds great but you didn't link the new .apk.

Ray

Michael, I was able to get it to the indoor range and test it. Its better but still is giving multiple reading on each shot. If you can take it up some more I will try it again and get back with you.

Thanks

Ray

Edited by holist

Michael, I was able to get it to the indoor range and test it. Its better but still is giving multiple reading on each shot. If you can take it up some more I will try it again and get back with you.

Thanks

Ray

Take 2 :) Max 800.

Do you think that will do it. Or would it be detection threshold? Thanks so much for working on this app.